Sydney to host largest organic and green show in Oceania
Interest in organic food and toiletries is booming around the world, with even pet food joining the ranks of healthy alternatives. Once the exclusive domain of Health Food stores, organic foods and produce can now be found in supermarkets, delis, restaurants & markets and, from the 25th of July, the Organic Expo at Sydney’s Darling Harbour will showcase the largest selection of products ever seen in the region.
The expo will have over 200 exhibitors from Australia and overseas showcasing thousands of delectable Certified Organic products. This represents the largest organic expo ever seen in Oceania and is indicative of the growth of the industry.
The show, which begins next Friday (25 July), provides a great networking opportunity, as a diverse array of industry players will be in attendance. The import/export opportunities in the rapidly expanding market are extensive, and the seminar program on the first (for trade only) will assist in tapping into the growing market.
Show highlights include:
• Demonstration Stage – featuring founder of Green & Black’s Craig Sams, renowned chefs Kylie Kwong & Darren Simpson, ABC Gardening Australia presenter Jerry Coleby-Williams and The Beauty Chef Carla Oates
• Organic Vineyard – a favourite spot to relax and taste some amazing organic wines
• Organic Expo Awards – see the 2008 Organic Expo Winners
• Seminar Program – relevant topics and experts to quiz (please refer the website for the timetable)
• Organic Kids Fun Zone – a fun & interactive area for kids to learn about Organics
Food industry professionals interested in this dynamic category are still able to register to attend this three day event. It is free to attend for trade professionals.
More information can be found at: www.organicexpo.com.au
Registration at: www.infosalons.com.au/ORGANIC08S/register.asp