Regional food producers innovation and productivity grants announced
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry have announced that the Australian Federal Government is calling for Expressions of Interest from eligible companies with eligible projects for the long awaited ‘Regional Food Producers Innovation & Productivity Grants’.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST MUST BE LODGED BY 9 FEBRUARY 2009.
If a company’s expression of interest is successful they will be invited to lodge a full application.
Matched funding grants between $50,000 and $2 million will be offered to successful applicants.
Activities which will be funded by this program include:
· Design and implementation of new technologies, production or processing techniques;
· The adoption of food production or processing technologies developed overseas;
· The innovative re-design of existing production/processing lines to improve efficiencies and productivity.
The key objective of this program is to assist the regional food industry to improve productivity through innovation in processing and value-adding.
Key points to note include:
· The program applies to food & beverage businesses (including seafood);
· There is no turnover CAP applied to this program;
· A project does not have to be located in a regional area;
· Grant applications smaller than $50,000 (or larger than $2 million) may still be eligible;
· Businesses may make more than one application (more than one project);
For full details on this program go to www.daff.gov.au/foodinnovation
Flaming Hot Twisties are back due to popular consumer demand.
Harris Farm Markets is continuing its expansion plans, opening an innovative grocery store at Sydney...
McCain is now selling a range of skin-on oven chips.
Aldi has signed up to the Australian Federal Government’s voluntary Tax Transparency Code.
H2Coco has designed a special line of coconut and melon waters to fit in lunch boxes.
Cobs is selling a new limited-edition popcorn flavour; ‘Movie Theatre Butter Popcorn’.
Lilydale, the Australian owned and operated free range chicken brand is launching in the freezer ais...
AUTHORITIES are urging business to check the new minimum pay rates that apply from July 1, 2018.