German chef discovers the dangers of molecular gastronomy
A young German cook has lost both of his hands after an attempt at molecular gastronomy went badly awry.
The Berliner Morgenpost daily said a 24 year-old man was attempting to use liquid nitrogen to concoct exciting new dishes but an “enormous explosion” saw the man lose both hands. He was rushed to hospital and remains in a critical condition.
Molecular gastronomy, a scientific approach to cooking, has taken off in recent years with the assistance of pioneer Ferran Adria – the renowned chef of the “world’s best restaurant” – El Bulli.
Artificial sweetener consumption has once again been linked to an increased risk of developing Type ...
Japanese farmers have taken marketing their fruit to the next level.
Following on from its latest food trends report, J. Walter Intelligence (JWTI), has also compiled a ...
The recent acquisition of the Dollar Shave Club by Unilever may signal a new era in business models.
Unilever has rejected a takeover offer from Kraft Heinz worth approximately US $143 billion.
Unilever has sold its Spreads business to international investment firm KKR.
SPC is set to soon begin exporting its products to China for the first time after striking a local b...
Two Freedom Foods products have been named finalists in the 2018 World Innovation Awards.