Victorian and Tasmanian dairy producers dominate Grand Dairy Awards
Members of Australia’s dairy industry gathered yesterday in Melbourne to celebrate the ‘best of the best’ at the 2010 Australian Grand Dairy Awards (AGDA). Victoria and Tasmania were home to the most award winners, with both states receiving seven Champion Awards and a Grand Champion award each.
The awards, consist of 20 categories in cheese and other dairy products as well as one Grand Champion Dairy Award and one Grand Champion Cheese Award. All entrants are Gold Medallists within their State, which leaves only entries of the highest quality to battle out for the awards.
Ian Halliday, Managing Director of Dairy Australia is delighted with the ongoing strength of AGDA. “This year, we have again received an impressive calibre of entrants from producers both small and large,” he said.
“Winning the title of Champion and Grand Champion at the awards is a significant achievement for these producers,” Mr Halliday added. “It is a testament to their efforts in using high quality ingredients to create outstanding dairy products, and is also an important stepping stone to grow their brand.”
“The Australian Grand Dairy Awards, being judged by an independent panel of expert judges, is an endorsement of the outstanding quality, building a sense of trust and confidence among consumers. For the Grand Champions, it represents the fact that their product is truly the best of the best,” he concluded.
Victoria, the nation’s largest producer of dairy products, was given praise for a strong performance through a tough climate.
“This is a great result in light of the severe drought affecting the Northern Victorian region, and is testimony to Victoria’s reputation as a dairy state that produces excellent, high quality products,” Neil Willman, Chief Judge for the AGDA said.
The complete AGDA 2010 list of winners are:
AGDA 2010 Grand Champion Winners:
• 2010 Grand Champion Dairy – Gundowring Finest Ice Cream Licorice (VIC)
• 2010 Grand Champion Cheese – Tasmanian Heritage Red Square (TAS)
AGDA 2010 Champion Cheese:
• Champion Fresh Unripened Cheese – Casa Quark (WA)
• Champion Cheddar Style Cheese – Ashgrove Traditional Cloth Matured Cheddar (TAS)
• Champion Washed Rind Cheese – Tasmanian Heritage Red Square (TAS)
• Champion White Mould Cheese – Wicked Brie (TAS)
• Champion Hard Cheese – Floridia Pecorino (VIC)
• Champion Flavoured Cheese – Yarra Valley Dairy Persian Fetta (VIC)
• Champion Semi-Hard and Eye Cheese – Heidi Farm Tilsit (TAS)
• Champion Blue Cheese – King Island Dairy Roaring Forties Blue (TAS)
• Champion Goat’s or Sheep’s Milk Cheese – Donnybrook Pastorello (VIC)
AGDA 2010 Champion Dairy Products:
• Champion Natural Yogurt – Brownes Traditional Natural Yoghurt (WA)
• Champion Flavoured Yogurt – Dairy Bliss Deli Yogurt Mixed Berry
• Champion Yogurt Dairy Drink – Bulla Fruit ‘n’ Yogurt Apricot (VIC)
• Champion Ice Cream – Gundowring Finest Ice Cream Licorice (VIC)
• Champion Dairy Gelato – Sublime Gelato Pistachio (NSW)
• Champion Dairy Dessert – Tant Pour Tant Le Framboise (TAS)
• Champion Milk – Riverina Fresh Full Cream Milk (NSW)
• Champion Specialty White Dairy Drink – Dairy Farmers Take Care (SA)
• Champion Flavoured Dairy Drink – Dare Iced Coffee Double Espresso (SA)
• Champion Cream – Bulla Pure Cream (VIC)
• Champion Butter or Butter Blend – Tatura Continental Unsalted Butter (VIC)
Two of Australia’s best-know suppliers of fresh fruit and vegetables, LaManna Group and Premier Frui...
IGA independent supermarket supplier, Metcash, has reported a 20 per cent drop in profit after tax f...
Meat and Livestock Australia’s latest lamb TV advert is receiving criticism for including a Hindu go...
Australian brewery Four Pines is on the forefront of history helping develop the first beer designed...
A complaint over an Aldi Facebook post featuring a picture of Kath & Kim drinking wine and smoking h...
Gig economy workers should get minimum wage and workers conditions, according to the Australian Gree...
KEY trends have emerged from the 'best new products' awards at Australia's largest food industry con...
THE market for foods promising gut health benefits is rich for growth and set for a boost as the rec...