The Coffee Club smashes World Record
The Coffee Club breaks the Guinness World Record for Most Espressos Made In One Hour
WHEN: Yesterday at 8.30am, Thursday 7 October 2010
WHERE: The Coffee Club Aspley, corner of Gayford St and Albany Creek Road, Brisbane
While follow Aussies are winning medals at the Commonwealth Games in India, Australia’s largest home-grown café group The Coffee Club today broke the Guinness World Record for the Most Espressos Made In One Hour with 5,061 espressos.
The Coffee Club’s World Record Team, made up of 20 expert baristas from five of its cafes across Brisbane, had hoped to reach 4,500 but exceeded their own expectations with a record 5,061 espressos poured in one hour.
The existing record of 3,386 espressos was set in Poland’s Rawa Mazowiecka in March this year.
· Five machines were set up with each station manned by four of The Coffee Club’s expert baristas
· Each team poured more than 1,000 espressos each in one hour to reach a total of 5,061
· One espressos was poured every 0.7 seconds in order to reach the new World Record record
· The Coffee Club’s team of 20 expert baristas were in training for over three months to perfect the timing
* Please note the record is currently subject to official verification by the Guinness World Records. *
A small regional dairy company has been named best in state at the Dairy Industry Association of Aus...
A US food testing laboratory has explained what America’s new nutrition panels will look like.
Domino’s Pizza is speeding up its Australian growth rate, opening up 31 stores in one financial quar...
Aldi Australia has announced a new business strategy labelled “Good Different”.
Research by the University of Adelaide has shown that consumers are much more influenced by wine lab...
Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) says it does not believe there is any health or safety ...
Australian health experts are calling for the humble sandwich to make a return to school lunches in ...
Non-for-profit’s OzHarvest and MobileMuster are teaming up to encourage Australians to recycle their...