Woolworths breaks new ground with App for iPhone
Woolworths has announced it is offering its customers a more efficient way to do their grocery shopping with a newly launched iPhone application.
Customers can personalise the app to their local Woolworths supermarket and create an aisle ordered shopping list, making it easier to navigate the store. Customers can also add items to a shopping list with a barcode scanner, access recipes, and receive exclusive member offers and weekly catalogue specials.
Innovation Program Manager at Woolworths Supermarkets, Has Fakira said, “Customers are constantly telling us that they want an easier way to find products on supermarket shelves. Now customers can tailor their app to their local Woolies, create a shopping list by scanning the barcode of products at home and be reminded of exclusive Everyday Rewards offers and catalogue specials while they’re in store.
“This app will transform the way our customers shop. This is an innovative use of technology that will give our customers the ability to create a shopping list and use it to navigate around their local store all from the palm of their hand,” said Mr Fakira.
Features available on the Woolworths App for iPhone include:
• Being able to create, edit and save shopping lists that will appear in the aisle order of your preferred supermarket. Also share shopping lists via email.
• Finding your nearest store via GPS, save a preferred store, see store details, opening hours and services of each supermarket e.g. Liquor, Seafood and other facilities.
• Exclusive offers for Everyday Rewards members and fuel savings vouchers.
• Searching for products in your preferred store by name or category.
• Displaying weekly catalogue specials currently available in your area.
• Access to over 800 recipe ideas and add recipe ingredients to shopping lists.
Customers can download the Woolworths App for iPhone for free by searching for the word “Woolworths” in the App Store.
Rival supermarket Coles offers a Shopmate app, which allows customers to find recipes, create shopping lists, and browse products and special offers.
Another iPhone application Scan2List, which is not owned by any food retailer, allows shoppers quickly and easily to create shopping lists simply by scanning the barcodes of items in their cupboards or manually adding them to a list.