PHAA conference in November aims to impact national food policy
Ensuring that nutrition and health form a major focus for the development of national food policy will be the aim of a national food conference in November, organised the Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA).
Food industry experts and practitioners from around Australia and overseas visitors will meet for the PHAA’s second National Food Futures Conference on 22-23 November 2011, to be held this time in Hobart.
Some of the key speakers at the conference are now locked in, with the program focussing on the need to develop collaborative efforts across health, agriculture, environment and related sectors to achieve key outcomes in terms of access and sustainability for Australia’s food supply.
Speakers scheduled for this year’s conference include:
• Barrie Margetts – from the University of Southampton in the UK – Foundation President of the World Public Health Nutrition Association.
• Professor Aleck Ostry – Canada Research Chair in the Social Determinants of Community Health and Senior Scholar with the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research in British Columbia.
• Professor David Adams – Chair of the Tasmanian Food Security Council and Commissioner for Social Inclusion.
• Matt Linnegar – Chief Executive Officer of the National Farmers Federation (NFF) – previously General Manager, Corporate and Customer Operations at Murrumbidgee Irrigation Limited.
Key program topics will include:
• Links between Agriculture and Health
• Local-Food initiatives and governance
• Food, social inclusion and community action
• Food Policy Implementation – programs and case studies.
Late last week Woolworths announced the results for its 2016 financial year which included its first...
A new study has found the price of a grocery product is the most looked for piece of information by ...
Cherry production and cherry exports are booming in Australia and especially in Tasmania. In 2006-7 ...
Uncontrollable food cravings are one of the main reasons Australians fall of the diet bandwagon new ...
A study has found that nine out of 10 of Australia’s highest sales supermarket food and beverage lar...
Coopers has opened a $65 million malting plant at its Regency Park brewery in Adelaide.
The Australian wine sector is in its strongest position in more than a decade a new Australian Wine ...
SPC is marking 100 years in business in 2018 with a new television advertisement.