Predictions for American restaurant and hotel trends in 2012
A US-based food and restaurant consultancy has released its food and dining trend predictions for restaurants and hotels in 2012.
Leading US restaurant and hotel industry consultants, Baum + Whiteman’s predictions for 2012 include:
- If economic crises continue, cheaper marketing for fast food chains will dominate the market.
- Cultural flavours and recipes will be combined into a combined cheaper mix.
- More varieties of meats will be introduced from ethnic areas to mainstream dinner plates, for example cows heart or pigs ears.
- Interest in homemade fruit and vegetable pickles will grow.
- Korean cuisine will become a more popular dining choice.
- After-work drinks will last longer, dinner time will be later in the evening, and adventurous finger foods will re-introduce themselves.
- Outdoor dining (for example, beer gardens) will become more popular in the US.
- Companies that previously used food trucks will open mobile storefronts while still using the trucks as “moving billboards”.
- Japanese craft beers will become more popular as artisan brews.
- Restaurateurs will abandon skyscraper-stacked meals for caterpillar presented meals: a separation of flavors on a rectangular plate.
- Peruvian cuisine will become increasingly popular in the US.
- The gourmet burger market will peak in 2012.
According to Baum+Whiteman, words such as “Artisan”, “Heirloom” and “Local” will be adopted as buzzwords used by conglomerate food chains, while “farmers markets” will be ubiquitous.
South Africa’s Sea Harvest has proposed a proportional takeover of Western Australian seafood compan...
It is critical for Australian exporters to understand both the opportunities and challenges as compe...
Yesterday, China banned Viplus Dairy, a Victorian infant formula maker, from selling its products on...
Chinese online retailing giant, Alibaba, has opened an office in Melbourne.
Some people think they are creative geniuses once they have had a drink or two and researchers have ...
Costco stores in the US are now selling emergency food kits with enough food for an individual to su...
Amazon Go opened to the public on Monday this week. The key question is what are they going to do wi...
Now in its 20th year, Agri-Tech Israel 2018 focused on agriculture in arid and semi-arid regions, pr...