Predictions for American restaurant and hotel trends in 2012
A US-based food and restaurant consultancy has released its food and dining trend predictions for restaurants and hotels in 2012.
Leading US restaurant and hotel industry consultants, Baum + Whiteman’s predictions for 2012 include:
- If economic crises continue, cheaper marketing for fast food chains will dominate the market.
- Cultural flavours and recipes will be combined into a combined cheaper mix.
- More varieties of meats will be introduced from ethnic areas to mainstream dinner plates, for example cows heart or pigs ears.
- Interest in homemade fruit and vegetable pickles will grow.
- Korean cuisine will become a more popular dining choice.
- After-work drinks will last longer, dinner time will be later in the evening, and adventurous finger foods will re-introduce themselves.
- Outdoor dining (for example, beer gardens) will become more popular in the US.
- Companies that previously used food trucks will open mobile storefronts while still using the trucks as “moving billboards”.
- Japanese craft beers will become more popular as artisan brews.
- Restaurateurs will abandon skyscraper-stacked meals for caterpillar presented meals: a separation of flavors on a rectangular plate.
- Peruvian cuisine will become increasingly popular in the US.
- The gourmet burger market will peak in 2012.
According to Baum+Whiteman, words such as “Artisan”, “Heirloom” and “Local” will be adopted as buzzwords used by conglomerate food chains, while “farmers markets” will be ubiquitous.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) says it will not oppose the proposed acqui...
Ira Liran cofounded Vita Coco, a globally successful coconut-water business, with no retail experien...
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has announced major changes to nutrition fact labels displ...
Research conducted at Cambridge University has found superbug stains of E.coli in 22 of 92 chicken p...
ith healthier eating and snacking between meals on the rise in China, there are excellent prospects ...
The claims of multiple health benefits from consuming turmeric might not be true.
Healthy eating guidelines often tell us choosing wholemeal bread over white is always a healthier op...
American grocer Whole Foods has revealed its annual list of food and beverage trends for 2018.