Join FoodBank’s Part-time Volunteer team in Melbourne
An exciting opportunity exists to join our Donor Relations team and help us get the food and material aid products needed by the 400,000 Victorians facing hardship every year. If you or your company can offer any volunteer personnel help, this will be great!
FoodBank Victoria is the main supplier of food to welfare groups throughout the State of Victoria.
FoodBank Victoria needs people who can:
1. Follow up current donors on a cyclic basis to ensure on-going supply of food to FoodBank which is the main supplier of food to Victoria’s welfare groups
2. Identify, make contact and engage potential new donor’s to encourage them to donate various food and non food products.
3. Communicate with the logistics team regarding collection/delivery of donations.
Skills and Experience required:
– Good verbal and phone communication
– General knowledge of packaged food or non food industry
– Outlook and Internet
– Ability to identify new donors
– Influencing skills
Skills and Attributes preferred:
– Sales or Retail experience in Food industry, but not exclusively
– Fruit and Vegetable experience in either wholesale or retail
Ongoing – We would like several people to cover the whole week. We prefer someone who can commit to a minimum of 1 day per week for a minimum of 3 months. The work can be done any day of the week.
Start Date: Immediate
Foodbank Warehouse Office, 4/2 Somerville Rd., Yarraville, so as to have access to computer resources and telephones.
Contact: If you are interested in this position please contact Peter Chalmers Donor Manager on 9362 8311 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The future of the Packaging Council of Australia (PCA) is currently up in the air.
Australia’s largest family-owned fresh produce company, Perfection Fresh, has acquired the exclusive...
Coles supermarkets has announced it will now offer 10 per cent discounts on fruit and vegetables to ...
The winners of the 2016 Healthy Food Guide Awards have been announced.
With many Australian dairy farmers still struggling with low farmgate milk pricing some are starting...
Tasmania’s Environment Protection Authority (EPA) has told salmon producer, Tassal, to destock one o...
Australian grocery shoppers are seeking-out free-range eggs with lower hen density production ratios...
Aldi has taken home the highest number of supermarket wins at the 2018 Product of the Year Awards.