Register for FoodLegal Health Claims Standard Sydney workshop
Leading food compliance consultants FoodLegal are still taking registrations for their upcoming Health Claims Standard half day intensive workshop to be run in Sydney on 22 August 2013.
In January 2013, a new Health Claims Standard was introduced into the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code. The FoodLegal workshop explains how the new standard operates and how to approach the issues now and in the future.
Date: 22 August 2013
Time: 8.45am – 1pm
Location: The Menzies Hotel, 14 Carrington Street, Sydney
Register for the workshop here.
What the workshop covers
- How the new Health Claims Standard will apply to products and marketing campaigns
- How the new Health Claims Standard will interact with other laws such as the Australian Consumer Law and the Therapeutic Goods Act
- How to substantiate health claims that have not been FSANZ pre-approved
- Methodological approaches for Health Claims
- Alternative marketing methods in light of the new Health Claims Standard
Questions the FoodLegal workshop will help answer
- Is it a nutrition claim or a general level health claim?
- Can I claim to be “<…> free” anymore?
- What can I say about fats?
- What about innovative/novel substances?
- What about sodium reduction claims?
- When can I use a health-related endorsement?
- What can be said in relation to “slimming” or “weight loss” problems?
- What opportunities are there for me? What if my product does not meet the profiling criterion?
Register for the Sydney workshop here.