Vitasoy launches coconut milk in Australia: tipped to send Aussies nuts this summer
Plant milk manufacturer Vitasoy has released in Australia a new alternative to dairy drinking milk: coconut milk.
Vitasoy said coconut milk was a new way to enjoy an alternative to dairy, soy and other plant milks – it’s also lactose free. Using real coconut to make its coconut cream, Vitasoy said its Coconut Milk is “perfect for cereals, smoothies or as a dairy alternative in cooking savoury dishes and baking”.
Vitasoy is one of the first major manufacturers to bring coconut milk to Australia. The Company said all its plant milks are made in regional Victoria. Vitasoy said its Coconut Milk is:
- Made from real coconut cream, with the consistency of lite milk
- Low in sugar and “has at least ⅓ less calories than lite milk, just 75 calories per serve”
- “Contains the goodness of calcium”
- “Naturally lactose and dairy free with no colours or preservatives”
- Available in two variants from major supermarkets
- Vitasoy Coconut Milk Original (1L)
- Vitasoy Coconut Milk Unsweetened (1L)
“Before you know it you’ll hear all your friends talking about coconut milk,” said Zoe Bingley-Pullin, Nutritionist and Vitasoy ambassador. “It’s set to be huge this summer. A delicious milk alternative which you can use on your breakfast cereal or simply add to smoothies,” she said.
“Unlike coconut milk that you find in a can, you can drink Vitasoy Coconut Milk straight up for a tasty and refreshing change. It also contains the goodness of calcium,” Ms Bingley-Pullin said.
Vitasoy Coconut Milk will be available in supermarkets from September 2014 for RRP: $3.79 (both Original and Unsweetened).