Unilever expands its Continental instant pasta and rice ranges
Unilever has introduced a new ‘Continental’ gourmet instant pasta and rice range in Australia.
The new lines join the existing range of Continental branded products that are able to be cooked in the microwave or on the stovetop in a short time.
Unilever is marketing the gourmet range as a weeknight option for those who want something more than plain pasta and rice.
Each of the products has a Health Star rating of 3.5 under the new Australian Health Star rating system. The gourmet range can be used as a side dish or to make a complete meal such as risotto.
The new pasta dishes are as follows:
- Creamy Chicken Pesto and Spring Onion
- Aged Cheddar Parmesan and Chives
- Creamy Pumpkin Sage and Bacon
- Creamy Tomato Parmesan and Basil
- Creamy Spinach Parmesan and Bacon
- Primavera with Vine-Ripened Tomato
The new rice dishes consist of:
- Thai Coconut and Lemongrass
- Roast Chicken and Leek Risotto
- Mushroom and Chive Risotto
- Teriyaki and Garlic
Continental’s gourmet instant pasta and rice range is available at Coles and Woolworths and has a recommended retail price of $2.99 per packet. Packets range between 90 – 115 grams depending on the type of dish.