Nespresso taken to the skies by Virgin Airlines after altitude test
Virgin Australia’s newly refitted Business Class cabin on board the Airbus A330 fleet will feature the first ‘Nespresso by B/E Aerospace’ machines in the world.
The purpose-built machine is designed to overcome the challenges of making coffee at altitude by achieving Nespresso’s exact standards of:
- Coffee flow time, volume and temperature;
- Coffee yield; and
- Crema and milk foam quality.
As part of the development, the machine was tested in an altitude chamber and at high elevations similar to the cabin altitude to confirm the coffee it produced was consistent with the quality achieved on the ground.
Virgin Australia and Nespresso have chosen the on board coffee selection to complement the palate, as taste differs slightly in the air, and will offer three unique blends at launch including Ristretto Intenso, Espresso Forte and Espresso Decaffeinato.
Virgin Australia is rolling out an exciting training program, together with Nespresso, for Business Class cabin crew, in which Nespresso educates cabin crew on the use of the technology, the Nespresso Grands Crus available on board and overall coffee knowledge.
Nespresso and Virgin Australia will have the following coffees on boad:
- Ristretto Intenso – A daring blend of South and Central American Robustas and Arabica, Ristretto Intenso is a full coffee of exceptional intensity with notes of pepper and a creamy texture.
- Espresso Forte – Made exclusively from South and Central American Arabicas, the complex aroma of this intensely roasted espresso is a balance of strong and fruity notes.
- Espresso Decaffeinato – Dark-roasted South American, Arabicas with a touch of Robusta bring out the subtle cocoa and roasted cereal notes of this full-bodied decaffeinated espresso.
Virgin Australia will feature the following coffee styles on board:
- Long Black
THE Waitrose & Partners Food & Drink Report 2018-19 shows how mindfulness of our wellbeing and envir...
Mary Meeker, a former Morgan Stanley internet analyst and now partner at venture-capital fund Kleine...
Author: Brent Moore, Australian trade commissioner and consul at the Australian Consulate-General i...
Woolworths will be the first retail refund partner for the New South Wales Return and Earn Container...
The Western Australian mining boom added $4.8 billion to the state’s dining industry between 2004-20...
With the arrival of American online retail giant Amazon into the Australian grocery market imminent,...
The Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation, the agency charged by government to meet the target ...
The ASX-listed Bindaree Beef Group has won four medals at the 2016 Australian Food Awards held in Me...