FoodBank dishes up record seven million meals
Food Fight saw several large Australian supermarket brands help Foodbank by making a donation everytime a specially marked product was purchased.
Brands involved in the program included:
- Kellogg’s – All specially marked cereals, including Corn Flakes and Sultana Bran
- SPC Ardmona – SPC Baked Beans range, SPC Spaghetti range & Ardmona Rich and Thick Classic Tinned Tomatoes
- Goodman Fielder – All specially marked loaves of Helga’s and Wonder White
- Rinoldi Pasta – Vetta Pasta range
- Primo – Shaved Honey Leg Ham, Thinly Sliced Turkey Breast and Thinly Sliced Hungarian Salami
- DE Master Blenders – Moccona Instant Classic Medium Roast varieties and Harris Espress Ground Coffee varieties
Food Fight products were stocked nationally across Australia in Woolworths, Coles, IGA and other independent stores.
The food donated during Food Fight will go towards helping to feed more than 500,000 people in Australia who access food relief each month, including low income families, the unemployed, the elderly and refugees who are struggling to put food on the table.
“It’s tremendous to see our Food Fight campaign reach its goal of raising seven million serves of food in its first year, said Jason Hincks, CEO of FoodBank Australia.
“This couldn’t have happened without the mighty support of our amazing food industry partners, suppliers, ambassadors and of course the public – who all played their part in our fight against hunger in Australia,” said Hincks.
This is an amazing achievement, but the fight isn’t over. Over 60,000 of the Australians seeking food relief are still unable to be assisted, with over two thirds of agencies unable to meet the full demand for food relief. So visit our website to sign up as a Food Fighter and find out how you can join the continuing battle.”