Fyna Foods Australia launch Superior Liquorice Co brand
The ‘Superior Liquorice Co’ liquorice will be available in the following varieties:
- Soft Eating Liquorice Bites
- Raspberry Flavoured Soft Eating Liquorice Bites
- Milk Chocolate Coated Liquorice Bites
- Raspberry Flavoured Dark Chocolate Coated Liquorice Bites
- Soft Eating Liquorice Wheels
- Raspberry Flavoured Soft Eating Liquorice Wheels
- Dark Chocolate Liquorice Bullets
- Milk Chocolate Liquorice Bullets
- Raspberry Flavoured Milk Chocolate Liquorice Bullets
- Raspberry Flavoured White Chocolate Liquorice Bullets
The new liquorice range has been developed using Fyna Foods’ existing liquorice recipe. All of the varieties within the range are preservative free and made in Fyna Foods’ factory in Melbourne, Victoria.
Superior Liquorice Co’s packaging features illustrations by Craig McGill whose artwork is used on Australian banknotes.
Fyna Foods CEO, Gillian Powell said the brand aims to directly target young adults and trendsetters, two demographics usually forgotten about when it comes to liquorice.
“As part of the research and development phrase of Superior Liquorice Co, we recognised that soft eating liquorice has the potential to be marketed towards younger consumers, because their tastes are now a lot more adventurous than previously thought,” said Powell.
Fyna Foods owns a number of Australian confectionary brands including Fads, Wizz Fizz and Big Boss. The company had its start making sherbet in the 1940s.
The Superior Liquorice Co products will be introduced into IGA supermarkets and independent retailers by the end of September 2015. The recommended retail price is $3.00 for a 150g-200g bag.