Bulla takes out top spot at the Australian Grand Dairy Awards
Bulla Dairy Foods’ Crème Fraiche is the 2016 cream “Grand Champion Dairy Product” as decided by judges at the Australian Grand Dairy Awards held in Melbourne on 3 February 2016.
The Crème Fraiche was described by the judges as “a truly outstanding product” and it competed against 300 other dairy products for the title.
Bulla’s Crème Fraiche is a variety of sour cream that can be used in sweet or savoury foods. It does not break or curdle when cooked making it suitable for soups, casseroles and sauces.
The Australian Grand Dairy Awards is now in its 17th year and in 2016 over twenty judges examined the flavour, aroma, body, texture, colour and appearance of all 300 products entered.
Bulla’s Crème Fraiche was created in 2011 with celebrity chef George Calombaris. It is now available for purchase at Coles and Woolworths supermarkets.
Other award winners
Heidi Farm Gruyere manufactured by Lion Dairy and Drinks is the 2016 Grand Champion Cheese.
Campion Cheeses include:
- Floridia Ricotta manufactured by Floridia Cheese for champion fresh unripened cheese
- Flinders Estate Ashed Brie manufactured by Snow Brand Australia for champion white mould cheese
- Heidi Farm Gruyere manufactured by Lion Dairy and Drinks for champion semi-hard and eye cheese
- Bay or Fires Cloth Bound Cheddar manufactured by Fowlers Cheese for champion cheddar style cheese
- Southcape Parmesan manufactured by Lion Dairy and Drinks for champion hard cheese
- King island Dairy Label Triple Cream Blue by Lion Dairy and Drinks for champion blue cheese
- King Island Dairy Stormy Washed Rind by Lion Dairy and Drinks for champion washed rind cheese
- Green Valley Dairy Yoghurt Cheese Balls in Chilli Oil manufactured by Green Valley Dairy Corporation for champion flavoured cheese
- Meredith Dairy Chevre manufactured by Meredith Dairy for champion goat’s or sheep’s milk cheese
Champion dairy products include:
- Mundella Greek Natural Yoghurt manufactured by Mundella Foods for champion natural yoghurt
- Norco Real Ice Chocolate Ultimate manufactured by Norco Foods Raleigh for champion flavoured dairy drink
- Western Star Original Butter manufactured by Fonterra Brands Australia for champion butter or butter blend
- Paradise Beach Purveyors Smoked Trout and Chives Dip manufactured by Paradise Beach Purveyors for champion flavoured yoghurt
- Ruby and Roy’s Yoghurt Divine Vanilla Bean by The Fabulous Fresh Bros.
- Dooly’s Premium Chocolate Ice Cream manufactured by Dooly’s Ice Cream for champion ice cream
- Cow and the Moon Pannacotta with Strawberry and Balsamic Ripple Gelato manufactured by Cow and the Moon for champion gelato
- Harvey Fresh Free Range Full Cream Milk manufactured by Harvey Fresh for champion milk
- Paul’s Smarter White Milk manufactured by Parmalat Australia for champion speciality white dairy drink
- Bulla Crème Fraiche manufactured by Bulla Dairy Foods for champion cream
A television advertisement for coffee chain Muzz Buzz has been removed from the air after receiving ...
The supermarket price wars has hit Coles 2017 half yearly financial profits with the supermarket’s e...
Australia’s convenience industry has been described as one of the strongest in the world, with new d...
Tasmanian salmon producer Huon has lodged proceedings against fellow Tasmanian salmon producer Tassa...
Australian vegetable research and marketing group, Horticulture Innovation, and the CSIRO are joinin...
Retail Food Group will close 160-200 of its Australian quick service food outlets, attributing the c...
So news Barossa wine maker Seppeltsfield Estate had made “a strategic investment” in ASX-list Austra...
A SPIRALLING decline in beer drinking is leading Australia to a 55-year low in alcohol consumption, ...