Australian dairy industry agrees on voluntary code of conduct
Key players within the Australian dairy industry have agreed to a new voluntary code of conduct.
Australian Dairy Farmers (ADF), state dairy farming groups and dairy processors have agreed to follow a code which provides greater transparency in contracts and supply agreements.
According to United Dairy Farmers of Victoria (UDV), the code will also include the following:
Ensuring a pricing formula or mechanism is clearly defined within a contract
• Ensuring pricing adjustments to farmers throughout a contract are clearly defined and that there will be no retrospectivity
• Ensuring suppliers are given adequate notice if step-downs are to occur
• Ensuring that farmers receive all payments accrued over the term of a contract
• Ensuring processor exclusivity does not occur in cases where the processor has a contracted volume limit
• Ensuring a clearly defined mechanism for giving notice of contract termination
• Ensuring a clearly defined mechanism for modifying contract conditions, and giving farmers the right to negotiate variation
David Basham, ADF acting president, said that incorporating these principles into a code of conduct will give farmers, or their representative, the opportunity to have a contract or supply agreement which is truly negotiated.
“The ADF together with the state member organisations have worked hard since the crisis unfolded to ensure future milk supply agreements are balanced, fair and transparent. It has been a long process to get to this stage and a major breakthrough for the entire industry,” Basham said.
Consumer advocacy group, CHOICE, has struck out at Nestle Australia for offering fitness trackers al...
A year of investing into its business has paid off says poultry franchise, Lenard’s Chicken.
Domino’s Pizza is speeding up its Australian growth rate, opening up 31 stores in one financial quar...
Quick Service Restaurant Holdings, the owner of Red Rooster and Oporto, has changed its business nam...
Murray Goulburn dairy co-operative has sold the Kiewa Country Milk brand to regional Victoria’s Kyva...
American intelligence agency J.Walter Thompson have reported that city buildings could be part of th...
Australian restaurant chain Hog’s Breath has launched a new quick-service dining concept.
Woolworths has had another win in the supermarket wars, taking an increased share of the total groce...