FOOD IMPORTS AND EXPORTS SYMPOSIUM COMING UP
On Tuesday 22 November 2016 the FoodLegal Symposium on Imports and Exports “Promises and Pitfalls” will be run in the Sydney CBD.
The Symposium will provide new insights from industry leaders for firms looking to sell their food products overseas, or to bring products into Australia.
FoodLegal has assembled a panel of experts to address opportunities and risks, from Austrade to logistics and compliance issues, and explain the risks and opportunities.
Key topics include:
- Branding decisions
- Specific opportunities created by Australia’s latest free trade agreements in Asia
- New e-commerce platforms and databases for in trading food products internationally
- Navigating the regulatory landscape, including tariffs and import controls
- Food safety and forensics for food product supply chains
- Consumer insights to penetrate export markets
- Differences between Australia and other food import countries
- Rod Arenas – Senior Market Development Manager, Food Innovation Australia
- Margaret Balfour – Managing Director, Integrity Compliance Solutions
- Sara Cheng – Australian Business Solutions Group, expert in China FMCG and food opportunities
- Erica Van Lieven – Founder and Managing Director, Direction First
- Robert Crabtree – Director, Kognition, expert in customs and tariffs logistics
- Charles Fisher – Principal, FoodLegal, expert in food regulation and compliance
- Stuart Grant – Assistant Director, Imported Foods, Department of Agriculture and Water Resources
- Sally Phillips – Strategic Engagement Manager, Australia’s Free Trade Agreement Program, Austrade
- Marcel Sieira – Head, Customer Engagement and Business Development, GS1Australia
The venue is at Cliftons, 601 Margaret Street, Sydney (above Wynyard station).