Woolworths gives suppliers unprecedented access to consumer data
Shopping habits will be revealed in Supplier Connect
Woolworths is giving its suppliers a whole new level of access to data on consumer shopping habits with a new online portal called “Supplier Connect”.
According to The Australian newspaper, Supplier Connect is an online portal which will provide a vast range of information on customer shopping habits with Woolworths hoping it will better allow food producers to understand the end consumer.
A Woolworths spokesperson told Australian Food News that Supplier Connect portal will comprise of:
- a fact-based and consistent approach to measuring and recognising supplier performance, based on transparent metrics aligned with both customers and Woolworths’ priorities;
- a more structured approach to supplier engagement delivering stronger and “consistent collaboration with our suppliers”; and
- an enhanced customer data offer provided by one of Woolworths’ partners, Quantium, aligned to Woolworths’ internal processes and “will help support transparent and collaborative discussions between Woolworths and suppliers to drive customer-centric decisions.”
Supplier Connect began being rolled out to suppliers in October 2016.
In December 2016 an Australian Federal Court decision decided Woolworths’ Mind the Gap program was not unconscionable.
The Supplier Connect data sharing arrangements appear to represent a new beginning in the relationship of Woolworths under the management of its new CEO Brad Banducci, with Woolworths trying to make the relationship warm and trusting one.
- Woolworthsannounces new strategies to win over grocery shoppers
- Woolworths’ top 5 revival priorities
- Woolworths responds under pressure after customerdata leak
Grocery wholesaler, Metcash, has turned its profits around announcing a AUD$216.5 million profit aft...
Bega Cheese has announced Paul van Heerwaarden has been appointed as its new Chief Executive Officer...
Woolworths is looking to enter into long-term contracts with suppliers in an effort to get fresh and...
Food containing low-THC hemp can now be sold in Australia.
Brumby’s Bakery has launched a new winter sourdough bread range.
Coca-Cola remains the world’s most chosen brand according to the 2016 Kantar Worldpanel Global Top 5...
Coles is testing low-sensory supermarket shopping for customers with autism.
Unilever is bringing back Street’s Bionic Bubble Gum Paddle Pop.