Woolworths gives suppliers unprecedented access to consumer data
Shopping habits will be revealed in Supplier Connect
Woolworths is giving its suppliers a whole new level of access to data on consumer shopping habits with a new online portal called “Supplier Connect”.
According to The Australian newspaper, Supplier Connect is an online portal which will provide a vast range of information on customer shopping habits with Woolworths hoping it will better allow food producers to understand the end consumer.
A Woolworths spokesperson told Australian Food News that Supplier Connect portal will comprise of:
- a fact-based and consistent approach to measuring and recognising supplier performance, based on transparent metrics aligned with both customers and Woolworths’ priorities;
- a more structured approach to supplier engagement delivering stronger and “consistent collaboration with our suppliers”; and
- an enhanced customer data offer provided by one of Woolworths’ partners, Quantium, aligned to Woolworths’ internal processes and “will help support transparent and collaborative discussions between Woolworths and suppliers to drive customer-centric decisions.”
Supplier Connect began being rolled out to suppliers in October 2016.
In December 2016 an Australian Federal Court decision decided Woolworths’ Mind the Gap program was not unconscionable.
The Supplier Connect data sharing arrangements appear to represent a new beginning in the relationship of Woolworths under the management of its new CEO Brad Banducci, with Woolworths trying to make the relationship warm and trusting one.
- Woolworthsannounces new strategies to win over grocery shoppers
- Woolworths’ top 5 revival priorities
- Woolworths responds under pressure after customerdata leak
Domino’s has announced its biggest menu relaunch since 2009 with new pizzas, desserts, sides and ing...
Owner of Crust Pizza, Donut King and Gloria Jean’s Coffee, Retail Food Group, has experienced a sign...
Dairy processor Murray Goulburn and poultry producer, Ingham’s have both reported their 2017 financi...
A new sweetener called Skinny Sugar is now available in Australian supermarkets.
Food Standards Australia New Zealand has abandoned a proposal to insert a detailed food packaging st...
Workers at Woolworths’ Victorian and New South Wales distribution centres may go on strike in the co...
A central NSW mustard seed oil has won a medal at specialty food competition in New York.
Heinz has said that it is disappointed but respects the decision made by the Australian Federal Cour...