Woolworths gives suppliers unprecedented access to consumer data
Shopping habits will be revealed in Supplier Connect
Woolworths is giving its suppliers a whole new level of access to data on consumer shopping habits with a new online portal called “Supplier Connect”.
According to The Australian newspaper, Supplier Connect is an online portal which will provide a vast range of information on customer shopping habits with Woolworths hoping it will better allow food producers to understand the end consumer.
A Woolworths spokesperson told Australian Food News that Supplier Connect portal will comprise of:
- a fact-based and consistent approach to measuring and recognising supplier performance, based on transparent metrics aligned with both customers and Woolworths’ priorities;
- a more structured approach to supplier engagement delivering stronger and “consistent collaboration with our suppliers”; and
- an enhanced customer data offer provided by one of Woolworths’ partners, Quantium, aligned to Woolworths’ internal processes and “will help support transparent and collaborative discussions between Woolworths and suppliers to drive customer-centric decisions.”
Supplier Connect began being rolled out to suppliers in October 2016.
In December 2016 an Australian Federal Court decision decided Woolworths’ Mind the Gap program was not unconscionable.
The Supplier Connect data sharing arrangements appear to represent a new beginning in the relationship of Woolworths under the management of its new CEO Brad Banducci, with Woolworths trying to make the relationship warm and trusting one.
- Woolworthsannounces new strategies to win over grocery shoppers
- Woolworths’ top 5 revival priorities
- Woolworths responds under pressure after customerdata leak
The future of the Packaging Council of Australia (PCA) is currently up in the air.
Unnecessarily avoiding gluten could be harming your heart says the authors behind a new study publis...
Global consumer goods producer, Unilever, has developed new technology which will allow it to recycl...
Nestle Australia has released two new KITKAT flavours, ‘KITKAT Mint 2 Ways’ and ‘KITKAT Caramel Pret...
Craveable Brands is the latest Australian food company to ban the plastic bag from its stores.
Planet Ark has entered into a partnership with a sustainable packaging provider in an attempt to fig...
Australian brewery Four Pines is on the forefront of history helping develop the first beer designed...
THIS breakthrough means it may be possible to get all the nutritional value and gut health promoting...