Massive recall of garlic bread
Australia is experiencing a garlic bread shortage due to a massive recall impacting Woolworths, Aldi, IGA, Domino’s and Pizza Hut.
Bread-manufacturer, George Weston, has issued a recall for a wide range of its garlic breads after plastic was found in a margarine blend on 11 January 2017. Garlic breads recalled include private label products from Aldi, Woolworths, FoodWorks, Foodland and IGA.
The recall also includes garlic bread sold through Pizza Hut and Domino’s which have both temporarily taken garlic bread off the menu.
Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) is warning the recalled garlic bread should not be eaten and should be returned to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers and food service providers should check if a garlic bread they have already purchased is on the recall list.
Garlic bread recall list
Garlic breads recalled include the following:
- Aldi Me’n’u Garlic Bread Twin Pack 450g
- Woolworths Homebrand Garlic Bread 450g
- FoodWorks Best Buy Twin Pack Garlic Bread 450g
- Foodland Garlic Bread Twin Pack 450g
- IGA Bakers Oven Garlic Bread Minis 4 Pack
- IGA Bakers Oven Twin Pack Garlic Bread
Additional garlic breads recalled
The below “Australian Garlic Bread” branded products have also been recalled. Australian Garlic Bread products are usually sold to distributors and wholesalers for use by food service providers but a small number of these garlic breads have been sold as individual units to their customers:
- Australian Garlic Bread 11” Catering Single Garlic Bread
- Australian Garlic Bread Garlic Bread for One x12
- Australian Garlic Bread Baguette with Garlic x12
- Australian Garlic Bread 9” Herb Bread
- Australian Garlic Bread Catering 9” Garlic Bread
- FSANZ launches ‘template’ forfood recall plans
- Rockmelonrecall prompts Horticulture safety standard debate
- Patties rides out the storm on berriesrecall, $1.5 million lost
The Coffee Club has overhauled its menu with help from celebrity chef, Justine Schofield.
The Australian Federal Government has announced its response to the review of the Horticulture Code ...
Researchers based in Singapore have discovered how to teleport a glass of lemonade.
Nielsen Australia has released new research which indicates that one in three Australian consumers w...
Indika Fernando is assessing thousands of bananas as part of his PhD research into avoiding damage t...
Coca-Cola South Pacific has announced a new summer marketing campaign for its Fuze Tea beverage.
Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce has announced a $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Pac...
A leadership change has been announced for New Zealand dairy giant, Fonterra.