Product of the Year Awards for 2017 announced
The 2017 Product of the Year winners have been announced.
This year features 45 winners as determined by 14, 000 surveyed Australian consumers who told Nielsen what they thought were the most exciting and innovative supermarket products launched in the past year.
As was the case in 2016, Aldi was the big winner, taking out the top prize in 16 different categories, including household cleaning, skin-care and fabric softener.
Product of the Year Director, Sarah Connelly, said the major retailers were stepping up and branching into even more categories than they have done in the past.
“Aldi have done a great job promoting their winning products over the last few years,” Connelly said.
“When people see that they have a wide range of award winning products it gives them the confidence to go in-store to try them out. As a result these first-time shoppers often become regulars,” she stated.
According to the organisers of the Product of the Year Awards, 38 per cent of consumers now say they are more likely to buy new products which have won a Product of the Year title, significantly more than the amount of people willing to do so in 2016.
Food and drink Product of the Year winners
The food and drink winners from the 2017 Product of the Year awards are as follows:
|Specially Selected Brioche Burger Buns 4pk||Specially Selected||Aldi Stores (A Limited Partnership)||Bakery|
|Naturally Sugar Free range – Cola, Lemon, Orange||Nexba||Nexba Beverages||Beverages|
|Cake in a Cup||White Wings||Goodman Fielder||Cakes|
|EXPRESSI Coffee Capsule Machine, Titanium or White||EXPRESSI||Aldi Stores (A Limited Partnership)||Coffee Machine|
|EXPRESSI Calabrese Coffee Capsules||EXPRESSI||Aldi Stores (A Limited Partnership)||Coffee Pods|
|Tilda Pules and Rice range||Tilda||Manassen Foods Australia||Convenience – Sides|
|Asian Crunchy Salad||Asian Crunchy Salad||PM Fresh||Fresh – Sides|
|Val Verde Passata 500g pack||Val Verde||Conga Foods||Cooking|
|Deli Originals Feta Dips 150g||Deli Originals||Aldi Stores (A Limited Partnership)||Dips|
|Mini Rice Cakes Snack pack 3 flavours||Mini Rice Cakes||Table of Plenty||Gluten Free – Healthy Treats|
|Australian Quinoa||Coles Brand||Coles Supermarkets||Gluten Free Side|
|Fruity Tops||Joy Foods||Joy Foods||Healthy Snacks/Snack Bars|
|Brooklea Stampede Chocolate Dairy Snack 140g||Brooklea||Aldi Stores (A Limited Partnership)||On the go snacks|
|Ready Meals – Fresh pasta||Coles Brand||Coles Supermarkets||Pasta|
|Pasta Sauce Fresh||Coles Brand||Coles Supermarkets||Pasta Sauce|
|Specially Selected Wood Fired Pizza 439g-445g||Specially Selected||Aldi Stores (A Limited Partnership||Pizza|
|Ready Meals||Coles Brand||Coles Supermarkets||Ready Meals|
|Free Range Rich Tartare Seafood Sauce||Birch & Waite||Birch & Waite Foods||Sauces|
|Sweet Potato Crisps||Red Rock Deli||PepsiCo Australia and New Zealand||Savoury Snacks|
|Premium Butcher’s Style Bacon range||DON||DON Smallgoods||Small Goods – Bacon|
|Triple Smoked Ham||D’Orsogna||D’Orsogna Limited||Small goods – Ham|
|Various Chilled Soup flavours||Soup||Coles Supermarkets||Soup|
|Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie||Coles Brand||Coles Supermarkets||Sweet Biscuits|
|Incredibly Crunchy Cheesecakes||Sara Lee||McCain Foods||Sweet – Frozen|
|Dairy Dream Greek Style Lime Yoghurt on Strawberry Layer 2x125g||Dairy Dream||Aldi Stores (A Limited Partnership||Yoghurt|
Award winners announce their good news
A large number of the winners of Australia’s Product of the Year Awards for 2017 have passed on feedback to Australian Food News. They include;
- Nexba – Nexba won the beverage category for its naturally sugar free range. Nexba said the win was a huge reward for the company. “Australians share our passion for our all natural and sugar free products. And the innovation is going to continue,” said Nexba co-founder Drew Bible.
- Sara Lee – Sara Lee won the best Frozen Sweet category for its Incredibly Crunchy Cheesecakes. “As more Australians are venturing further with new flavours, we are excited to be able to innovate upon our classic cheesecakes, providing on trend flavours that still have broad appeal,” said Sara Lee Australia Marketing Manager, Karen Ramsay.
- Red Rock Deli – Red Rock Deli’s sweet potato crisps range won the savoury snacks category. “Red Rock Deli’s Sweet Potato Crisps has added an impressive $14 million to the Salty Snacks category since launch,” said Cath Archer, Red Rock Deli Marketing Manager.
- ‘Product of the Year’2016 award winners
- 2015’s best new products from the food industry announced
- Australian Grand Dairy Awards food winners announced