Top 10 food predictions for 2018: Packaged Facts
United States research firm Packaged Facts have released a list of 10 food trends to watch in 2018.
Packaged Fact’s top 10 food trend predictions for 2018 are as follows:
- Hawaiian food – Packaged Facts says Hawaiian food will become popular in 2018 with spam being added to sushi and loco moco (an open hamburger on rice) taking off.
- Colour – Natural colours will continue be popular in 2018 including beetroot purple and purple cauliflower.
- Pepper – Pepper will be called out as a flavouring in food and will feature in artisanal foods, including desserts.
- French revival – Following on from the popularity of macaroons and brioche buns, traditional French food is predicted to make a comeback, along with an emphasis on tradition and technique when it comes to artisanal foods.
- Figs – Fig are expected to feature in 2018, with the fruit to feature more in casual dinning, not just up-scale restaurants.
- Meatballs – Meatballs will be popular, but not all will need to contain meat, and plenty of innovative meals using meatballs will be created.
- Pistachios – Pistachios will be viewed as “re-glamourised and nutritious” in 2018. There will be product innovation using pistachios.
- Vegetarian ‘meat’ – Meat imitation products that are suitable for vegans and vegetarians will be popular.
- Sweet Potato – Sweet potato will continue to be a popular food in 2017 with more innovation other than the already popular sweet potato fries.
- Vegan and Non–GMO – Foods claiming to be non-GMO or vegan will strike a chord with consumers wanting to “eat clean” in 2018. Even if the consumer is not vegan, vegan foods will be popular, the same way gluten-free foods are with those who are not coeliac.
- Whole Foods predicts top 10 food trendsfor 2018
- Mintel reveals 5 global food& drink trends for 2018
- Mintel predicts 5 top Chinese consumer trend sfor 2018
Busy Australians are still finding the time to eat breakfast says the latest data released by Roy Mo...
Woolworths has confirmed that it is reviewing its purchasing of canned fruits for its house brand fr...
Coca-Cola South Pacific has launched its summer marketing campaign for its Powerade sports drink.
As incomes in China continue to rise, snacking between meals has become increasingly popular. Tradit...
Australian dinner parties have changed over the past decade says a new Galaxy Research study commiss...
In a video released by Mashable a revolutionary online retailer has revealed its usage of robotics.
The 2018 federal Budget which was announced Tuesday night may 8 2018 rightly puts the focus on jobs ...
International wholesaling colossus Costco will next month in Melbourne open its tenth warehouse in A...