Top 10 food predictions for 2018: Packaged Facts
United States research firm Packaged Facts have released a list of 10 food trends to watch in 2018.
Packaged Fact’s top 10 food trend predictions for 2018 are as follows:
- Hawaiian food – Packaged Facts says Hawaiian food will become popular in 2018 with spam being added to sushi and loco moco (an open hamburger on rice) taking off.
- Colour – Natural colours will continue be popular in 2018 including beetroot purple and purple cauliflower.
- Pepper – Pepper will be called out as a flavouring in food and will feature in artisanal foods, including desserts.
- French revival – Following on from the popularity of macaroons and brioche buns, traditional French food is predicted to make a comeback, along with an emphasis on tradition and technique when it comes to artisanal foods.
- Figs – Fig are expected to feature in 2018, with the fruit to feature more in casual dinning, not just up-scale restaurants.
- Meatballs – Meatballs will be popular, but not all will need to contain meat, and plenty of innovative meals using meatballs will be created.
- Pistachios – Pistachios will be viewed as “re-glamourised and nutritious” in 2018. There will be product innovation using pistachios.
- Vegetarian ‘meat’ – Meat imitation products that are suitable for vegans and vegetarians will be popular.
- Sweet Potato – Sweet potato will continue to be a popular food in 2017 with more innovation other than the already popular sweet potato fries.
- Vegan and Non–GMO – Foods claiming to be non-GMO or vegan will strike a chord with consumers wanting to “eat clean” in 2018. Even if the consumer is not vegan, vegan foods will be popular, the same way gluten-free foods are with those who are not coeliac.
- Whole Foods predicts top 10 food trendsfor 2018
- Mintel reveals 5 global food& drink trends for 2018
- Mintel predicts 5 top Chinese consumer trend sfor 2018
Unlike other Australian dairy producers, Freedom Foods has achieved sales growth within its dairy op...
Coca-Cola South Pacific has launched a new limited-edition Powerade variety containing coconut water...
A new study has found the price of a grocery product is the most looked for piece of information by ...
Woolworths has been testing rounded pricing in its supermarkets.
SEE how the Internet of Things (IoT) is powering a major digital transformation in supply chain mana...
Favourable economic conditions and surging sales growth brings a new owner for Coles into the frame....
COLES CEO Steven Cain has answered five key questions about 2019 as part of an annual survey of key ...
Assistant Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science, Craig Laundy, has announced the launch of F...