Aldi’s plans for Australia in 2018
Aldi will spend 2018 continuing to expand across Australia with plans to open 32 new stores throughout the year.
After opening its 500th Australian store in 2017, Aldi will continue to open more across several states in 2018.
Exact store locations include:
- Seven stores in New South Wales, including two in the first half of the year in Wetherill Park and Warners Bay
- Eight stores in Queensland, including two in the first half of the year in The Gap and Dalby
- Four stores in Victoria, including one in the first half of the year in Gladstone Park
- Nine in Western Australia, including three in the first half of the year in Wanneroo, Beeliar and Byford
- Four in South Australia, including one in the first half of the year in Kilkenny
New store format rollout to continue
Aldi says alongside opening more stores in 2018 it also plans to continuing converting older stores to its new store format.
Aldi’s new store format features clearer signage, redesigned shelving, expanded wooden produce bays, energy efficient LED lighting and extended chillers.
Aldi plans to convert a total of 40 of its stores to its new format in 2018.
The German supermarket chain intends to convert all of its Australian stores to the new format by 2020.
An Aldi spokesperson told Australian Food News that Aldi knows that it needs to continue to expand its fresh produce, healthy foods, organic and meat ranges to meet the evolving needs of its customers.
“Our national store refurbishment program has allowed for greater space to accommodate these categories, improve store standards and the in-store experience,” Aldi’s spokesperson said.
- Coles falling behind Woolworths according to suppliers
- Aldi announces new business strategy
- Aldi confirms new Australian store locations
Australian consumer advocacy group CHOICE has today named and shamed a number of baby snacks marketi...
ASX-listed Clean Seas Tuna has increased its sales for its 2016 financial year by 83 per cent on its...
New Zealand’s Restaurant Brands has acquired Pacific Island Restaurants, the sole Taco Bell and Pizz...
Australia’s food industry contribution to national manufacturing has increased by 30 per cent over t...
A British airline is now offering in-flight food specially designed to improve the mood of its passe...
Australians may one day be able to eat rare meat without having to worry about food poisoning thanks...
Mars Australia has signed a 20-year power-purchase agreements (PPA) with Total Eren (a global renewa...
MANUFACTURERS are losing more than $50 million in potential sales by not listing protein content on ...