FoodLegal to run Country of Origin Countdown breakfast
With the countdown to Country of Origin compliance just around the corner FoodLegal is running a not to be missed information session.
FoodLegal’s Country of Origin Countdown Breakfast Seminar will answer all of your pressing CoOL questions including whether the bar chart can be avoided or is it necessary to identify single countries of origin?
Australian food producers must comply with the new Country of Origin labelling system by 1 July 2018.
Held at Monash University’s Clayton campus Thursday 1 March 2018, the seminar will be hosted by FoodLegal’s Principal Lawyer, Charles Fisher.
Charles Fisher is a regulatory advisor to leading Australian and international food and beverage companies, specialising in compliance assessment and new product development.
Your Country of Origin labelling questions answered
Some of the questions to be addressed in the session include:
- Is there a way to avoid the bar chart?
- Is it necessary to identify single countries of origin?
- How to avoid misleading or deceiving consumers?
- How to distinguish between non-priority and priority foods?
- Is a doughnut a priority or non-priority food?
- What does ‘substantial transformation’ really mean?
- Will roasting and dry blending meet the test?
- When is water “Australian”?
Doors open at 7:30am with the seminar starting from 8:00am, running until 9:30am. Entry fee is AUD $88.00 including GST and breakfast.
After the seminar, participants will be offered the chance to tour the Food Innovation Centre at Monash – a world class facility that helps food producers bring ideas to life.
More information on FoodLegal’s Country of Origin Countdown Breakfast can be found HERE.
Bookings are essential and can be made online HERE.
- FoodLegal Online releases ‘Country of Origin’ training
- Woolworths to educate shoppers about country of originlabels
- ACCC issues warning over incorrect country of originclaims
Australians are in the driver’s seat when it comes to global food trends. The country is leading the...
We’re full swing in the silly season and retail shelves are full of red, green and sparkly gold as s...
The first digitally native generation likes to cook, spend, has a unique sense of self, an optimisti...
Frying chips in oil stabilised with natural anti-oxidant, OxiKan R Plus, enhances its shelf life by ...
FoodLegal has launched its new Country of Origin Compliance Portal.
Increasingly more people are reducing or even avoiding meat in favour of healthier and more ethicall...
Hong Kong is buzzing this week as delegates from around the world converge on Hong Kong for Asia’s l...
After gaining a new contract for packing baby food, a not-for-profit (NFP) contract-packing organisa...