Brisbane Marketing throws support behind food innovators
Brisbane Marketing has started a boot camp business program to help drive Brisbane’s food innovators and start-ups.
The new Future Food Brisbane program offers four eight-week courses designed to help food businesses in the region and provides the chance to work with the likes of SilverChef, KPMG, Wandering Cooks and Bentleys.
The four courses on offer include:
- Future Food Global Readiness Accelerator: An eight-week program run by professional services company KPMG for businesses with existing products and high-growth potential.
- Future Food Product Development and Market Readiness Incubator: An eight-week program run by corporate services company Bentleys for businesses at an early stage of development.
- Startup Launchpad: An eight-week program for businesses at the concept development or startup stage, presented by SilverChef in conjunction with Wandering Cooks.
- Industry development workshops and seminars covering important aspects of food and beverage commercialisation, from e-commerce to IP protection.
Food Innovation Australia Limited (FIAL) is delivering all four courses.
Brisbane Lord Mayor, Graham Quirk, said the Future Food Brisbane program is part of the city’s strategy to drive investment and job growth in the food and agribusiness sector.
“Brisbane and its surrounds are recognised for producing delicious high-quality produce, and combined with our robust supply chain infrastructure, research capability and support for start-ups, we are seeing more innovative food products and ideas emerge,” Cr Quirk said.
“There is a hunger from Brisbane’s food community to expand their capabilities, capacity and expertise and the Future Food Brisbane initiative will deliver a range of targeted education and industry development advice to help them achieve this.
“Growing Brisbane’s food and agribusiness industry is a priority of the Brisbane 2022 New World City Action Plan for economic growth, which is why we want to help our local food and beverage businesses to prosper.”
Food businesses interested in Future Food Brisbane can visit futurefoodbrisbane.com.au
- Brisbane inventor turns food factory waste into free fuel
- Brisbane online butcher launches “high-nutrient” sausages for kids
Australian egg producer, Sunny Queen, has officially opened its new “world-first” production facilit...
Aussie Farmers Direct has launched a new advertising campaign reminding Australians they can support...
Managing Director of Coca-Cola Amatil, Barry O’Connell, will be stepping down from his role.
New Zealand ice cream manufacturer, Emerald Foods, has acquired the Australian Movenpick ice cream p...
The Australia and New Zealand Ministerial Forum on Food Regulation is reviewing fast food menu label...
THE Australian Competition and Consumer Commission overreached in its prosecution of Heinz over its ...
KEY trends have emerged from the 'best new products' awards at Australia's largest food industry con...
BE amazed at how a US employee forced a costly factory shutdown after urinating on a production line...