Coca-Cola Amatil intends to buy Foster’s Fijian brewery
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has announced its intention to acquire Australian brewing giant Foster’s Fijian brewing business.
Making the announcement through a media statement, Coca-Cola Amatil said it will acquire 89.6 per cent shares in the Fiji brewing company for AU$58 million and also intends to make a proposal for the remaining 10.4 per cent of shares in the company.
Foster’s Fijian brewing company owns and operates a brewery and distillery, producing and distributing various brands including Fiji Bitter, Fiji Gold and Vailima.
CCA’s statement said that discussions with Foster’s on the acquisition were continuing.
After selling its interest in Pacific Beverages to SABMiller, CCA had the right to acquire three Foster’s businesses including the Foster’s Australian spirit and spirit ready-to-drink business, the Australian non-alcoholic beverages business and its breweries and distillery in Fiji.
Earlier this month, CCA announced a decision not to acquire the spirit and spirit ready-to-drink (RTD) business. Nevertheless, the latest development continues CCA’s expansion into the international alcohol-based drinks market.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) will be selling its US non-core commercial brand portfolio.
Strewth Ailsa! William Grant & Sons have launched a new dram in Australia - Ailsa Bay. See why it's ...
A group of scientists are warning that bananas could become a delicacy within ten years unless a sol...