A look back at the top food trends of the noughties
Sushi, gourmet burgers and superfruits have been listed among the top food trends of the last decade, according to editorial staff at the American-based Food Channel (foodchannel.com).
Below are their opinions on the decade that was 2000-2009, with a perspective on top trends, top flavours and the leading news stories.
Top Ten Trends
- Gourmet Burgers made with Kobe or Angus Beef
- Superfruits such as Acai, Pomegranate and Blueberry
- Oils, such as olive oils and truffle oils
- Whole grains, such as Kashi, polenta, risotto
- Artisan foods, particularly in breads, cheeses and dark chocolates
- Coffees, teas
- Green tea
- Dark Chocolate
- Organic foods
- International Cuisines
- Food TV and Internet
- Food Safety
- The Economy and subsequent shift to home cooking
- Fast casual restaurant concepts
- Fair trade and Artisan concepts in bread, chocolates, cheeses
- Mobility/Social Media/Twitter notifications/Underground dining
- Culinary education
Prominent News Topics
- Food Safety
- Food Prices
- Slow Food
- Consumer generated advertising (e.g. Dorito’s Super Bowl ad)
- The demise of traditional publishing
- Private branding
- Carl’s, Jr.’s edgy advertising
- McDonald’s innovation
Top Restaurant Trends
- Fast casual concept
- Tapas and shareables
- Molecular Gastronomy
- Taco Trucks
- Underground dining
- Upscaling of Bar food
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Bread Pudding
- Deep Fried Turkey
- Creme Brulee
Top Food People
- Food bloggers
- The local farmer
- Celebrity Chefs such as Rachael Ray, Jamie Oliver, Curtis Stone and Gordon Ramsay
- Julia Child/Julie Powell
- The home cook
- Grant Achatz
- Alice Waters
- Thomas Keller
- Martha Stewart
- The local restaurant chef
This article was originally written by Adian Fortune, GlobalMeatNews.com editor, on 25th June 2019....
The US arm of Mars has acquired pet-care company VCA for US $7.7 billion.
Despite indications the poll would be close, the London financial community has been dumbfounded by ...
New Zealand’s Restaurant Brands has acquired Pacific Island Restaurants, the sole Taco Bell and Pizz...
Ira Liran cofounded Vita Coco, a globally successful coconut-water business, with no retail experien...
New Zealand’s Foodstuffs supermarket group is testing out new artificial technology that brings the ...
Increasing demand for premium food, an influx of western restaurants and the rapid expansion of the ...
The mindful consumer will dominate 2018 says Innova Market Insights.