Australian dairy industry agrees on voluntary code of conduct
Key players within the Australian dairy industry have agreed to a new voluntary code of conduct.
Australian Dairy Farmers (ADF), state dairy farming groups and dairy processors have agreed to follow a code which provides greater transparency in contracts and supply agreements.
According to United Dairy Farmers of Victoria (UDV), the code will also include the following:
Ensuring a pricing formula or mechanism is clearly defined within a contract
• Ensuring pricing adjustments to farmers throughout a contract are clearly defined and that there will be no retrospectivity
• Ensuring suppliers are given adequate notice if step-downs are to occur
• Ensuring that farmers receive all payments accrued over the term of a contract
• Ensuring processor exclusivity does not occur in cases where the processor has a contracted volume limit
• Ensuring a clearly defined mechanism for giving notice of contract termination
• Ensuring a clearly defined mechanism for modifying contract conditions, and giving farmers the right to negotiate variation
David Basham, ADF acting president, said that incorporating these principles into a code of conduct will give farmers, or their representative, the opportunity to have a contract or supply agreement which is truly negotiated.
“The ADF together with the state member organisations have worked hard since the crisis unfolded to ensure future milk supply agreements are balanced, fair and transparent. It has been a long process to get to this stage and a major breakthrough for the entire industry,” Basham said.
This National Science Week, Australia’s national science agency, CSIRO, has revealed how a secret r...
Mexican fast food chain Taco Bell is set to open in Australia again.
Peters Ice Cream and Arnott’s have partnered to launch a new ice cream line.
Australian retail and F&B businesses interested in supplying the Australian Pavilion at Expo 202...
Hoping to be crowned the best of the best, Australia’s top roasters, baristas and latte artists wil...
A leading Australian health research body is calling for added sugars to be declared on food packagi...
Online grocery shopping is growing seven times faster than the rest of the Australian grocery market...
One of the highlights of the craft gin explosion in Australia is the Australian Gin Awards judging ...