Montague expands its stone fruit offering
One of Australia’s major fruit producers and marketers, Montague, is selling ranges of stone fruit under new brands.
The first new brand, Montague Tree, sells peaches, nectarines, apricots and plums.
The other new brand, Croc Eggs, is selling plums.
Montague says more than a decade of research went into developing the new lines. As part of their development, the fruit producer worked with international growers to test different global varieties.
Fruit sold under the Montague Tree and Croc Egg ranges are marketed as being naturally sweeter and are “picked from the outer edges of orchards where the sun helps create a naturally higher sugar content”, the company said.
The new Montague ranges
Availability and stockists of Montague’s new stone fruit brands are as follows:
- Croc Egg Plums – There are 26 farms across Australia growing Croc Egg plums which will be sold between December and March at Woolworths supermarkets only.
- The Montague Tree Plums – Stocked by Coles, Costco and independent supermarkets. They are available between December and March and grown in Queensland, Victoria and Western Australia.
- Black Diamond Plums – Available from November to March each year and can be stocked by all supermarkets. For the best taste, the fruit needs to turn dark black and soften slightly.
- Peaches – Available from October to February and stocked at Woolworths, Costco and independent supermarkets.
- Nectarines – Available October to March from Woolworths, Coles, Costco and independent supermarkets.
- Apricots – Available November to December from Woolworths, Coles, Costco and independent supermarkets.
- Honey Cot Apricots – Available November to December and can be stocked by all supermarkets and independent retailers.
The Montague family, which owns Montague Fresh, has been growing fruit for the Australian market since 1948.
The business has been exporting stone fruit and apples to various markets throughout the world since its establishment. Today, Montague exports apples to Europe and the UK and stone fruit to countries including the Germany, the UAE, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.
- NewMontague apple varieties launched
- Aussie nectarines launch into Chinese market
- MontagueFresh to grow Australian apple consumption with “red-flesh”
- New ‘Jazz’ Apples
Watch out Domino’s, Pizza Hut is also moving into online technologies – at least in North America fo...
Ghost kitchens and virtual restaurants are changing the way restaurants operate and customers dine....
Hart & Soul is now selling an India inspired soup and soup kits in Australian supermarkets.
Following weeks of speculation, CADBURY is indeed set to launch CADBURY CARAMILK in a TWIRL CARAMIL...
Arnott’s is now selling a chip version of its Vita-Weat crackers.
The A2 Milk Company has nearly tripled its net profit after tax for its 2017 financial year thanks t...
THERE is no reliable labelling system protecting consumers with food allergy from anaphylaxis, say A...
Jamaica Blue has brought back their most iconic drinks from the ’90s, for fans to slurp through the...