Three hommus recipes to keep things fresh
It’s easy to get caught in the routine of boring meal plans with the same dishes on rotation week after week. Put a tasty spin on everyday staples and create something different that will have everyone in the office asking for the recipe and your dinner guests raving.
“Hommus can be used as a healthier spread, sauce or dressing in almost any cuisine,” says Jalni Shah, SSS Foods General Manager. “You can bake with it, blend it with other ingredients and serve it fresh. You can even sweeten it for desserts like brownies and mousses. All you need to add is your imagination.”
Here, three food bloggers share their SSS Foods Hommus hacks to help put a creative twist on everyday favourites.
Mini Chicken Tortillas by @eatingforfuel
· 2 gluten free wraps
· 75g four bean mix
· 4 tbsp SSS Foods Coriander, Cumin + Mild Chilli Hommus
· 45g sweet corn
· 75g cooked chicken or soya strips
· Seasoning: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika
· Optional: A sprinkle of grated dairy-free cheese
1. In a medium bowl, combine your cooked chicken or soya strips with SSS Foods Coriander, Cumin + Mild Chilli Hommus and seasonings of choice.
2. Once combined, add in the corn and beans, ensuring they have been drained and any excess liquid is removed.
3. You can either heat this mixture up (over low heat in an oiled pan) or enjoy chilled.
4. Divide your gluten free wraps up into small circles using a knife or cookie cutter to do so.
5. Place a dollop of the bean mixture over each.
6. Top with fresh picked coriander and enjoy!
Blondies by @nourishandflourishsyd
· ½ cup oat flour
· ¼ cup maple syrup
· ½ cup of SSS Foods Natural Hommus
· ½ avocado mashed
· ½ cup chopped cooking chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Mash up half an avocado in a small bowl with half a cup of SSS Foods Natural Hommus
3. Chop approximately cooking chocolate into small chunks
4. Sift oat flour into a medium bowl and combine all wet ingredients and chocolate chips
5. Grease and line a baking tray and fill in the blondie mixture
6. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees, cool slightly before serving
Tip: Stick a skewer into the blondie if it comes out mostly dry it is ready to enjoy.
Vegemite, Avo and Hommus Toast by @hannah.banana182
· 1 tub of SSS Foods Natural Hommus
· 1 tbsp Vegemite
· ½ avocado
· 2 slices of gluten free sourdough
· Mixed seeds for serving
1. Combine your SSS Foods Natural Hommus and Vegemite vigorously until smooth and evenly combined
2. Toast or grill the bread until lightly golden
3. Spread your hommus and vegemite mixture crusty bread
4. Top with thinly sliced avocado and mixed seeds
Reimagine your favourites with SSS Foods hommus, the 100% natural dip that’s a healthy alternative to standard go-to ingredients. Make hommus the secret ingredient to your kitchen classics.
SSS Foods Natural (RRP: $3.80) and Coriander, Chilli & Mild Chilli (RRP: $3.80) hommus flavours are available in Woolworths stores nationwide. To find out more about SSS Foods range and to get inspired by a variety of recipes, visit sssfoods.com.au.
Australian chilli sauce specialist, The Chilli Factory, has developed the nation’s hottest BBQ sauc...
SOME companies manufacturing gluten-free foods might need to test their products more frequently, af...
Meat and Livestock Australia’s 2018’s Australia Day lamb television advertisement has received far l...
Tim Tam,Australia’s number one chocolate biscuit, is bringing the flavours of Australia and New Zea...
Two food companies have taken home top prizes at the 2016 Telstra Business Awards.
Patties Foods has confirmed the acceptance of an acquisition bid for its company by financial consul...
Nestlé’s Uncle Tobys has launched a new range of oats in time for winter.
Kellogg’s has given its LCM bars a health makeover.