Nespresso taken to the skies by Virgin Airlines after altitude test
Virgin Australia’s newly refitted Business Class cabin on board the Airbus A330 fleet will feature the first ‘Nespresso by B/E Aerospace’ machines in the world.
The purpose-built machine is designed to overcome the challenges of making coffee at altitude by achieving Nespresso’s exact standards of:
- Coffee flow time, volume and temperature;
- Coffee yield; and
- Crema and milk foam quality.
As part of the development, the machine was tested in an altitude chamber and at high elevations similar to the cabin altitude to confirm the coffee it produced was consistent with the quality achieved on the ground.
Virgin Australia and Nespresso have chosen the on board coffee selection to complement the palate, as taste differs slightly in the air, and will offer three unique blends at launch including Ristretto Intenso, Espresso Forte and Espresso Decaffeinato.
Virgin Australia is rolling out an exciting training program, together with Nespresso, for Business Class cabin crew, in which Nespresso educates cabin crew on the use of the technology, the Nespresso Grands Crus available on board and overall coffee knowledge.
Nespresso and Virgin Australia will have the following coffees on boad:
- Ristretto Intenso – A daring blend of South and Central American Robustas and Arabica, Ristretto Intenso is a full coffee of exceptional intensity with notes of pepper and a creamy texture.
- Espresso Forte – Made exclusively from South and Central American Arabicas, the complex aroma of this intensely roasted espresso is a balance of strong and fruity notes.
- Espresso Decaffeinato – Dark-roasted South American, Arabicas with a touch of Robusta bring out the subtle cocoa and roasted cereal notes of this full-bodied decaffeinated espresso.
Virgin Australia will feature the following coffee styles on board:
- Long Black
DARRELL LEA’S upward trajectory since its 2012 collapse is gathering further momentum with its recen...
Coles will soon stop paying its permanent weekend and late-night employees below-award penalties if ...
Leading Australian produce company, Perfection Fresh, is undergoing a rebrand to help unify its bran...
A new study has uncovered American consumers are feeling increasingly overwhelmed by the amount of c...
The Australian Government Department of Health has revised the fluoride nutrient reference values fo...
The Australia and New Zealand Ministerial Forum on Food Regulation is reviewing fast food menu label...
The dairy cattle farming industry should bounce back tin 2018 says market research firm IBISWorld.
Australian food producer SPC has received top recognition in the food category at the 2018 WorldStar...