Woolworths recruits surfing stars for latest advertising campaign
Woolworths has turned to Aussie surfing stars to help promote its supermarkets and healthy food choices.
In a series of new video advertisements, six-time World Champion surfer, Stephanie Gilmore, challenges rising surfing star and “junk food enthusiast”, Sabre Norris, to try some of Woolworths’ healthier foods.
One ad shows Gilmore blindfolding 12-year-old Norris to trick her into trying a smoothie made with fruit and vegetables.
Norris likes the smoothie and says she might even stop eating doughnuts before surfing and have a smoothie instead.
Andrew Hicks, Woolworths Director of Marketing, said surfing is at the heart of Australian culture so Woolworths is excited to be working with the two surfers.
“Through our partnership with Surfing Australia and this video series created with two inspiring athletes we are proud to be encouraging healthy eating habits among young Australians,” he said.
The video will feature on social media and YouTube.
As part of Woolworths’ sponsorship of Surfing Australia, the supermarket is also giving away free fruit to children at various surfing events.
- Woolworths sets 2020 corporate responsibility strategy
- WhyWoolworths is removing wax from 2017 apple
- Woolworths’ top 5 revival priorities
Meat and Livestock Australia’s “Operation Boomerang” Australia Day advertising campaign has taken 3 ...
The entertaining season is finally here and this year you can ensure that everyone is catered for w...
The food-manufacturing giant, Kellogg's, has joint forces with Salford Brewery Seven Bro7hers to us...
Jamie Oliver’s Italian restaurants in Australia have entered into voluntary administration.
Water should be the default drink for kids’ fast food meals, while kilojoules in meal deals should b...
Supermarket giant Woolworths has pledged its commitment to phase out selling plastic straws, and pla...
Over 70 per cent of Australians living in metropolitan areas make an effort to buy food and drink wi...
A fifth person has died after eating rockmelon contaminated with listeria.