Report finds ALDI’s operations contributed $3.2 billion to Australia’s GDP
ALDI Australia has released a new report – ‘Making a Good Difference: how ALDI contributes to the Australian Economy.’ Prepared in partnership with PwC, the report measures the impact of its entry into Australia and the contribution it has made to the state and national economy over the past 18 years.
The report found that in 2018, ALDI’s operations contributed $3.2 billion to Australia’s gross domestic product (GDP). Since entering the market in 2001, PwC estimates that ALDI has made a total contribution to GDP of almost $23 billion ($22.983 billion).
Highlights of the report include:
- ALDI saves its shoppers $2.2 billion per year compared to shopping at national competitors
- Shoppers at other major supermarkets saved $450 million in 2018 and $5.68 billion over the last 18 years as a result of the increased competition brought by ALDI and thedownward effect on grocery prices
- The largest contribution to GDP in 2018, at $1.5 billion, was through ALDI’s business partnerships with suppliers of products sold in store (merchandise suppliers)
- ALDI’s business partners (suppliers) in 2018 voted ALDI’s commercial conduct to be 80% more favourable than its nearest major competitor*
- ALDI’s leadership in private label has induced the entire market to expand their own private label offering, resulting in all grocery customers saving $3.48 billion in 2018 and $18.67 billion over the last 18 years of ALDI’s operations in Australia
Controversy still surrounds the introduction of the ‘effects test’ with Labor’s Andrew Leigh critici...
Coca-Cola Australia has announced the launch of a new product in the sports drink category, POWERAD...
The Managing Director of an innovative fresh produce company has won a 2017 Telstra Business Women’s...
ATTENTION employers, all employees can now take unpaid leave to deal with family and domestic violen...
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has instituted proceedings in the Federal ...
Nestle has committed to removing all cage eggs from its supply chain, including in Australia.
Australian beef prices are expected to continue remaining strong says a new Robobank report.
Di Bella Coffee has launched its 2018 Reserve Limited Edition coffee blend.