Coles releases 2020 FY results: impacts of bushfires, droughts and COVID-19 reflected
Coles Group has published its 2020 full year results which reflect the impacts of bushfires, shortages, droughts and COVID-19 on their performance.
▪ Full year sales revenue increased by 6.9% to $37.4 billion with sales revenue growth across all segments
▪ 51st consecutive quarter of Supermarkets comparable sales growth, increasing by 7.1% in Q4
▪ Liquor comparable sales growth of 20.2% in Q4
▪ Express convenience (c-store) comparable sales growth of 8.3% in Q4
▪ Achieved Smarter Selling cost savings in excess of $250 million
▪ Group EBIT growth achieved for the first time in four years, increasing by 4.7%
▪ Strong earnings per share growth of 7.1%
▪ Cash realisation of 111% and net debt of $0.4 billion, providing significant capacity for future growth
▪ Fully-franked final dividend of 27.5 cents per share declared, a 14.6% uplift on the prior year final dividend
▪ Delivered a total shareholder return of 31.7% for the financial year
▪ Customer satisfaction improved across all segments in Q4
▪ Improved mysay team member engagement score by 7 percentage points, improved safety with 18.3% reduction
in Total Recordable Injury Frequency Rate (TRIFR) compared to FY19
To view and download the PDF release, click here.
Domino’s Australia has added oven-baked sandwiches to its menu.
Australia’s largest poultry company, Ingham’s, intends to float on the Australian Securities Exchang...
Australian vegetable research and marketing group, Horticulture Innovation, and the CSIRO are joinin...
Australian-owned confectionery company Darrell Lea will buy the Life Savers brand from Nestlé, acqui...
Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) has today released its Plain English Allergen Labelling...
The National Farmers’ Federation has called upon the government to address the Australian organic i...
The Darwin region will kick off Honey Gold mango season for leading producer Piñata Farms when it h...
Can you resist the biscuit? Australia’s favourite biscuit company have teamed up with Lion, the lea...