Regional food producers innovation and productivity grants announced
The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries & Forestry have announced that the Australian Federal Government is calling for Expressions of Interest from eligible companies with eligible projects for the long awaited ‘Regional Food Producers Innovation & Productivity Grants’.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST MUST BE LODGED BY 9 FEBRUARY 2009.
If a company’s expression of interest is successful they will be invited to lodge a full application.
Matched funding grants between $50,000 and $2 million will be offered to successful applicants.
Activities which will be funded by this program include:
· Design and implementation of new technologies, production or processing techniques;
· The adoption of food production or processing technologies developed overseas;
· The innovative re-design of existing production/processing lines to improve efficiencies and productivity.
The key objective of this program is to assist the regional food industry to improve productivity through innovation in processing and value-adding.
Key points to note include:
· The program applies to food & beverage businesses (including seafood);
· There is no turnover CAP applied to this program;
· A project does not have to be located in a regional area;
· Grant applications smaller than $50,000 (or larger than $2 million) may still be eligible;
· Businesses may make more than one application (more than one project);
For full details on this program go to www.daff.gov.au/foodinnovation
Donut King is now selling ‘donut fries’.
Milk, the largest dairy category in China, is predicted to stand at US$26.9bn in 2020, US$1.6bn gre...
Hort Innovation is proud to announce Aussie frozen berry producer Stuart McGruddy has been awarded ...
A skyrocketing interest in chickpeas as a star ingredient in traditionally dairy, bean or wheat-base...
Sunny Queen Meal Solutions are now selling prepared canapé food to commercial kitchens and caterers...
AMID reports of a sale looming for giant Patties Foods the acquisitions continue for the pie maker w...
Nestlé has launched a new ‘cook from raw’ plant-based burger across Australia this week. The Har...
The new Shake Shake range which was introduced by McCain Foods this month has added seasonings such ...