Fed gov responds to Horticulture Code of Conduct review
The Australian Federal Government has announced its response to the review of the Horticulture Code of Conduct.
Announced by South Australian Senator, Anne Ruston, she said the government carefully considered the recommendations from the review and choose those which will help address concerns are around the Code.
The government says its response includes provide better guidance to make it easier for traders and growers to comply with the Code, allow the ACCC to better identify and rapidly respond to breaches and removing unnecessary regulation.
“Our response demonstrates an appropriate balance between the need for transparency in the trading relationship and the need for the code to ensure that trade is not tied up in red tape,” Minister Ruston said.
The government said its response to the recommendations will:
- Provide better guidance to make it easier for traders and growers to comply with the Code
- Ensure that growers and traders have a fair, binding horticulture produce agreement in place to support a more productive and fair trading relationship
- Allow the ACCC to better identify and rapidly respond to breaches to further support compliance with the Code
- Remove unnecessary regulation where appropriate and allow growers and traders greater flexibility in the trading relationship
- Horticulture Code review announced but industry transparency still a concern, potential for extension to retailers
- Retailers to get involved withHorticulture Code
Launched in 2017 as an anti food waste app and previously written about by us HERE Y Waste provides ...
Police have seized 14, 000 bottles of fake Penfolds wine that was for sale in China.
Following DUX Kitchen, an exciting experience-driven campaign in November 2018, Luv-a-Duck, an Aust...
Woolworths has launched a new private label food range after reviewing its current offerings over th...
One million dollars’ worth of funding has been set aside to help Victorian recyclers cope with China...
AUSTRALIAN shoppers are flocking back to traditional bricks-and-mortar stores compared to online, bu...
Pet owners following the latest pet food trend of feeding animals raw meat only, instead of dry or c...
Frucor Suntory is launching a new variety of its V Energy drink called V Pure.