Woolworths announces its Supplier of the Year award winners
AND the winner is … Woolworths has announced its Supplier of the Year Awards, see who won.
AB Foods (Twinings) has been awarded the top prize at Woolworths annual Supplier of the Year Awards.
The beverages company and manufacturer of Twinings tea took out the 2018 Overall Supplier of the Year award, as well as the New Product Launch of the Year Award.
Woolworths Supermarkets managing director Claire Peters said: “In a competitive market AB Foods have consistently delivered strong results through their customer and category focused approach.
“We are impressed by their continued drive to innovate which has resulted in the launch of new products that our customers tell us they are looking for. This has also helped bring new customers to the category.”
The Supplier of the Year Awards recognised suppliers to Woolworths in 23 categories.
Other companies in the winner’s list include:
- Australian British Foods who were awarded Meat Supplier of the Year
- Kailis Brothers as Seafood Supplier of the Year
- Perfection Fresh as Vegetable Supplier of the Year
- Driscoll’s Australia as Fruit Supplier of the Year.
The Sustainability Supplier of the Year Award went to Humpty Doo Barramundi in recognition of the work they are doing to improve employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in the Northern Territory.
Other Award highlights included:
- Lindt and Sprungli who were awarded Longlife Supply Partner of the Year
- Bulla awarded Perishables/Fresh Supply Partner of the Year
- Peters Ice cream awarded Perishables Supplier of the Year Award.
Also in Australian Food News
- Australia will avoid tax on sugary drinks, shows senate report on obesity epidemic
- New shed: Chip maker Snack Brands commits to growth plan with $400m supply chain spend
- Top US food news site, Food Dive names its Business of the Year
SUPERMARKET shoppers will win on price and may lose on choice as Coles moves to increase its private...
Woolworths is once again updating its loyalty program after receiving further complaint about its re...
Chobani has expanded its 907g multi-serve tub range to include two new flavours, Mango and Passionf...
A professor at La Trobe University in Melbourne has been investigating enzyme from pineapple that ma...
Australians are losing interest in purchasing cake mixes says a new Roy Morgan Research study.
Giant Australian cattle property, Tipperary Station, has planted 3500 lemon trees as part of a majo...
The Cancer Council Victoria this week suggested giving away toys with food could be limited to healt...
South Australian pickled food producer Spring Gully Foods has cleared the debts that almost forced t...