Woolworths announces its Supplier of the Year award winners
AND the winner is … Woolworths has announced its Supplier of the Year Awards, see who won.
AB Foods (Twinings) has been awarded the top prize at Woolworths annual Supplier of the Year Awards.
The beverages company and manufacturer of Twinings tea took out the 2018 Overall Supplier of the Year award, as well as the New Product Launch of the Year Award.
Woolworths Supermarkets managing director Claire Peters said: “In a competitive market AB Foods have consistently delivered strong results through their customer and category focused approach.
“We are impressed by their continued drive to innovate which has resulted in the launch of new products that our customers tell us they are looking for. This has also helped bring new customers to the category.”
The Supplier of the Year Awards recognised suppliers to Woolworths in 23 categories.
Other companies in the winner’s list include:
- Australian British Foods who were awarded Meat Supplier of the Year
- Kailis Brothers as Seafood Supplier of the Year
- Perfection Fresh as Vegetable Supplier of the Year
- Driscoll’s Australia as Fruit Supplier of the Year.
The Sustainability Supplier of the Year Award went to Humpty Doo Barramundi in recognition of the work they are doing to improve employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in the Northern Territory.
Other Award highlights included:
- Lindt and Sprungli who were awarded Longlife Supply Partner of the Year
- Bulla awarded Perishables/Fresh Supply Partner of the Year
- Peters Ice cream awarded Perishables Supplier of the Year Award.
Also in Australian Food News
- Australia will avoid tax on sugary drinks, shows senate report on obesity epidemic
- New shed: Chip maker Snack Brands commits to growth plan with $400m supply chain spend
- Top US food news site, Food Dive names its Business of the Year
WOOLWORTHS is putting its money where our mouths are, investing $30 million to drive supply chain in...
Woolworths has confirmed that it is reviewing its purchasing of canned fruits for its house brand fr...
Premium New Zealand vanilla company, Heilala Vanilla, will now be stocking its products in Coles and...
More Australians aged 14 and older are drinking soy-based beverages than they are drinking energy, s...
Kellogg’s and Sanitarium have both decided not to renew Halal certifications for their cereal produc...
A new range of Patties finger foods has been launched.
The Australian Federal Government has today released its draft bill to change the Competition and Co...
Woolworths is set to run in-store customer education on the new country of origin labelling laws.