Woolworths announces its Supplier of the Year award winners
AND the winner is … Woolworths has announced its Supplier of the Year Awards, see who won.
AB Foods (Twinings) has been awarded the top prize at Woolworths annual Supplier of the Year Awards.
The beverages company and manufacturer of Twinings tea took out the 2018 Overall Supplier of the Year award, as well as the New Product Launch of the Year Award.
Woolworths Supermarkets managing director Claire Peters said: “In a competitive market AB Foods have consistently delivered strong results through their customer and category focused approach.
“We are impressed by their continued drive to innovate which has resulted in the launch of new products that our customers tell us they are looking for. This has also helped bring new customers to the category.”
The Supplier of the Year Awards recognised suppliers to Woolworths in 23 categories.
Other companies in the winner’s list include:
- Australian British Foods who were awarded Meat Supplier of the Year
- Kailis Brothers as Seafood Supplier of the Year
- Perfection Fresh as Vegetable Supplier of the Year
- Driscoll’s Australia as Fruit Supplier of the Year.
The Sustainability Supplier of the Year Award went to Humpty Doo Barramundi in recognition of the work they are doing to improve employment outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in the Northern Territory.
Other Award highlights included:
- Lindt and Sprungli who were awarded Longlife Supply Partner of the Year
- Bulla awarded Perishables/Fresh Supply Partner of the Year
- Peters Ice cream awarded Perishables Supplier of the Year Award.
Also in Australian Food News
- Australia will avoid tax on sugary drinks, shows senate report on obesity epidemic
- New shed: Chip maker Snack Brands commits to growth plan with $400m supply chain spend
- Top US food news site, Food Dive names its Business of the Year
Zero calories, Zero sugar, but 100% taste and energy - that's the credo of the newest product from ...
The winners of the 2016 International Spirits Challenge hosted in London have been announced.
Subway is the number one Australian quick service restaurant according to the 2017 YouGov BrandIndex...
Katter’s Australian Party MP, Shane Knuth, is pushing for ‘fair milk’ logos to be placed on Queensla...
Be brave diners! Chew on crispy chicken feet, suck the goodness out of a crab claw, slurp duck bloo...
Domino’s has lifted its earnings forecast for the 2017 financial year.
Woolworths reduces food waste by turning overripe bananas into banana bread, which in turn, helps f...
On Sunday 18 August 2019, the UK government’s report “Operation Yellowhammer” was leaked. The docum...