SSS Foods Hommus national launch
After 20 years of preparing healthy, tasty hommus, family owned boutique producer, SSS Foods, will launch its two hommus flavours nationwide on 31st August, with a vision to inspire Australians to find new inventive ways to use the traditional picnic dip.
Both the SSS Foods Natural and Coriander, Cumin & Mild Chilli Hommus are made with 100% natural, Australian ingredients including chickpeas from the flat tablelands of Kalkee, Victoria and herbs and spices from some of the country’s best farmers and providores at Sydney’s vibrant Flemington markets.
“Hommus is a surprisingly versatile food,” says Jalni Shah, General Manager SSS Foods. “Over the years we’ve seen our customers use it in a number of ways, such as pasta dishes, or as an alternative pizza sauce. It’s one of those kitchen staples that can be used to give an unexpected twist to a dish to impress at a dinner party, or used to create a healthy meal the whole family will enjoy,” she adds.
Having won awards for its fresh foods, SSS Foods prides itself on the purity of its hommus and does not use any artificial flavours, preservatives or additive oils. This makes its products suitable for vegan and gluten free diets and it is also Kosher and Halal Certified.
“We wanted to create a hommus for everyone,” adds Jalni. “We hope that Australians will love our fresh, natural and tasty flavours and take it from the picnic blanket to the dinner table.”
Here Jalni shares some of her favourite hommus hacks to put a twist on classic dishes.
Speedy Hommus Pizza
Makes six slices | 20 minutes to cook
1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
1 container of SSS Foods Natural Hommus
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup crumbled Greek style vegan feta cheese
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 230°C. Place crust on an ungreased baking sheet or 12-in. pizza pan.
2. In a small bowl, mix hommus, oregano and pepper flakes; spread over crust.
3. Sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes and olives.
4. Bake 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
5. Drizzle with oil.
1. Sauté the garlic, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, leek and peas in olive oil in a frying pan until golden
2. Add the almond milk, stir through the hummus and add salt and pepper to taste
3. Once combined, add in 250g of cooked pasta of choice and mix through
4. Top with fresh parsley and toasted pine nuts before serving Enjoy!
SSS Foods Natural (RRP: $3.80) and Coriander, Chilli & Mild Chilli (RRP: $3.80) hommus flavours will launch in Woolworths stores nationwide on Monday, 31st August. To find out more about SSS Foods