Annual Healthy Food Guide winners announced
THE winners have been announced in an annual healthy food awards event, aiming to cut through the labelling and marketing tricks that can obscure for time-poor shoppers the best products to buy for nutrition, value and taste.
Seventy-five per cent of the sugar and salt we eat comes from packaged foods and drinks, says the awards host, the Healthy Food Guide magazine.
A team of expert dietitians scoured the supermarket shelves for the best products across ten categories.
The winners are:
- Best yoghurt: Rokeby Farms Whole Protein Swedish Style Quark Yoghurt (Natural)
- Best packaged sweet snack: Emma & Tom’s Milk No Added Sugar (Espresso)
- Best sandwich base: Burgen (Wholemeal & Seeds)
- Best pantry staple: Cobram Estate Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Classic Flavour)
- Best kids’ packaged lunch box snack: Perfection Fresh Qukes Baby Cucumbers.
- Best breakfast cereal: Freedom Foods Barley+Traditional Porridge
- Best ready-made meal: Woolworths Delicious Nutritious (Beef & Tomato Casserole).
- Best packaged savoury snack: The Happy Snack Company Roasted Chic Peas (Lightly Salted)
- Best vegetarian food: Coles Southern Smoked Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burgers
- Best allergy-friendly snack: Carman’s Super Seed & Grain Crackers (Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper
2018 SUPERMARKET INNOVATION AWARD: This award recognises the supermarket that has worked hard this year to make it easier for shoppers to make healthy decisions in store – Woolworths.
Also in Australian Food News
- Voluntary compliance fail: Preganancy warning labels soon to be mandatory
- Mad-cow ban lifted, Japanese wagyu targets lucrative Australian market
- Why portioning puts fermented food on new healthy snacking frontier
Buderim Ginger is very proud to have been announced as the winner of the prestigious 2019 Queenslan...
Food sales continue to help turnaround the Woolworths Group, which announced its third quarter resul...
About 18 months ago, on January 7th 2018, a large fire destroyed Thomas Foods International's abatt...
MANUFACTURERS are losing more than $50 million in potential sales by not listing protein content on ...
Leading Australian fruit producer Piñata Farms sent a record volume of specialty Honey Gold mangoes ...
PREMIUM-ISATION and free-from foods are two prominent trends that gained momentum in 2018, according...
Dairy producer Parmalat says it is set to disrupt the Australian iced coffee market by introducing “...
The Ultimate guilt free indulgence, our chewy flourless brownies will satisfy everyone.