Annual Healthy Food Guide winners announced
THE winners have been announced in an annual healthy food awards event, aiming to cut through the labelling and marketing tricks that can obscure for time-poor shoppers the best products to buy for nutrition, value and taste.
Seventy-five per cent of the sugar and salt we eat comes from packaged foods and drinks, says the awards host, the Healthy Food Guide magazine.
A team of expert dietitians scoured the supermarket shelves for the best products across ten categories.
The winners are:
- Best yoghurt: Rokeby Farms Whole Protein Swedish Style Quark Yoghurt (Natural)
- Best packaged sweet snack: Emma & Tom’s Milk No Added Sugar (Espresso)
- Best sandwich base: Burgen (Wholemeal & Seeds)
- Best pantry staple: Cobram Estate Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Classic Flavour)
- Best kids’ packaged lunch box snack: Perfection Fresh Qukes Baby Cucumbers.
- Best breakfast cereal: Freedom Foods Barley+Traditional Porridge
- Best ready-made meal: Woolworths Delicious Nutritious (Beef & Tomato Casserole).
- Best packaged savoury snack: The Happy Snack Company Roasted Chic Peas (Lightly Salted)
- Best vegetarian food: Coles Southern Smoked Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burgers
- Best allergy-friendly snack: Carman’s Super Seed & Grain Crackers (Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper
2018 SUPERMARKET INNOVATION AWARD: This award recognises the supermarket that has worked hard this year to make it easier for shoppers to make healthy decisions in store – Woolworths.
Also in Australian Food News
- Voluntary compliance fail: Preganancy warning labels soon to be mandatory
- Mad-cow ban lifted, Japanese wagyu targets lucrative Australian market
- Why portioning puts fermented food on new healthy snacking frontier
WESTERN SYDNEY is a food and grocery manufacturing powerhouse, generating $17 billion in output per ...
Maurice Blackburn Lawyers has announced it is collecting interest from Retail Food Group shareholder...
American warehouse retailer, Costco, is preparing to open a new Sydney store as part of Australian e...
KEY trends have emerged from the 'best new products' awards at Australia's largest food industry con...
With travel restrictions beginning to ease and Australians embracing regional and domestic travel, ...
AUTHORITIES are urging business to check the new minimum pay rates that apply from July 1, 2018.
A variety of canola containing omega-3 has been approved for human consumption and use in animal fee...
Popular New Zealand Oob Organic smoothie mixes are now available in Australia.