Annual Healthy Food Guide winners announced
THE winners have been announced in an annual healthy food awards event, aiming to cut through the labelling and marketing tricks that can obscure for time-poor shoppers the best products to buy for nutrition, value and taste.
Seventy-five per cent of the sugar and salt we eat comes from packaged foods and drinks, says the awards host, the Healthy Food Guide magazine.
A team of expert dietitians scoured the supermarket shelves for the best products across ten categories.
The winners are:
- Best yoghurt: Rokeby Farms Whole Protein Swedish Style Quark Yoghurt (Natural)
- Best packaged sweet snack: Emma & Tom’s Milk No Added Sugar (Espresso)
- Best sandwich base: Burgen (Wholemeal & Seeds)
- Best pantry staple: Cobram Estate Australian Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Classic Flavour)
- Best kids’ packaged lunch box snack: Perfection Fresh Qukes Baby Cucumbers.
- Best breakfast cereal: Freedom Foods Barley+Traditional Porridge
- Best ready-made meal: Woolworths Delicious Nutritious (Beef & Tomato Casserole).
- Best packaged savoury snack: The Happy Snack Company Roasted Chic Peas (Lightly Salted)
- Best vegetarian food: Coles Southern Smoked Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burgers
- Best allergy-friendly snack: Carman’s Super Seed & Grain Crackers (Ancient Grain & Cracked Pepper
2018 SUPERMARKET INNOVATION AWARD: This award recognises the supermarket that has worked hard this year to make it easier for shoppers to make healthy decisions in store – Woolworths.
Also in Australian Food News
- Voluntary compliance fail: Preganancy warning labels soon to be mandatory
- Mad-cow ban lifted, Japanese wagyu targets lucrative Australian market
- Why portioning puts fermented food on new healthy snacking frontier
Researchers from University of Pacific in San Francisco in the United States, in collaboration with...
EVEN though Australia lifted its 17-year ban on Japanese beef imports in May, the amount of Japanese...
New CSIRO research has found people with low-quality diets obtained eight times more of their protei...
IS the boycott divestment sanctions campaign against Israeli products to blame for the troubles of c...
With instant coffee accounting for 75% of Australia’s coffee consumption, coffee lovers don’t have ...
The Culture Co. continue to serve up a daily dose of goodness with the launch of its latest single ...
Tatua Cooperative Dairy is a New Zealand-based independent co-operative dairy company. The company ...
Imagine being able to divert all our food waste away from landfill to create clean renewable energy...