Frosty Boy predict 2017’s dessert trends
Australian ice cream and beverage producer, Frosty Boy, has revealed what it thinks will be 2017’s biggest dessert trends.
Felipe Demartini, General Manager of Sales and Marketing at Frosty Boy said desserts with the potential to “go viral” online are infiltrating the market.
“The dessert market is constantly changing and being influenced by innovative ideas,” Demartini said.
“2016 brought us a number of interesting dessert designs, while 2017 is set to explore even more ‘out there’ flavours,” he added.
Top dessert trend predictions for 2017
Frosty Boy’s 2017 dessert trend predictions are as follows:
- Conut – An ice cream cone made out of doughnut mixture, this dessert first emerged in 2016 but is likely to grow in 2017. This year will likely see even crazier and more decadent toppings added to conuts.
- Ice cream sandwiches with a twist – Similar to the conut, ice cream sandwiches with lots of decadent toppings and flavourings are expected to be popular.
- Miso flavour – This sweet-savoury tasting Japanese flavour is likely to make it into more deserts in 2017.
- Green tea flavour – Alongside miso, green tea flavoured desserts are also predicted to be popular in 2017.
Demartini said last year saw the trend of ice cream cones made of doughnut mixture, or ‘conuts’ emerge. He believes this trend will continue to evolve in 2017.
“Many of the contemporary trends are modern takes on classic desserts, creatively redesigned to satisfy the market. We expect this to continue to evolve in 2017,” he stated.
When it comes to the emerging trend of quirkier flavours, like miso and green tea, Demartini said it is the Asian market driving the popularity of these new options.
“Predominantly in the Asian market, the most adventurous or non-likely flavours are building momentum. Ingredients flavouring soft serve include miso powder, soup or crunch as well as sakura, lychee, green apple, muscat and the most unlikely flavour of all, sardines,” Demartini said.
- Frosty Boymarks 40 years with international expansion plan
- Top TenFood & Beverage Trends for 2017: Phil Lempert predictions
- Top fivefood and beverage trends for 2017, Innova Market Insights
- Top hospitalitytrends predicted to boom in 2017
Snooper, a crowdsourcing platform seeking to disrupt how brands and retailers collect data, announce...
Beverage bottler, Coca-Cola Amatil, says it will pass on the costs of the NSW Container Deposit Sche...
This article was originally written by Adian Fortune, GlobalMeatNews.com editor, on 25th June 2019....
Australia’s central government food standards agency, Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) h...
New Roy Morgan research provides some explanation for the financial difficulties of Eagle Boys Pizza...
A new sugar content certification program called ‘Sugarwise’ is gaining traction in the United State...
BerryWorld Australia has launched a novelty Christmas design on its 125g heat-sealed raspberry pack...
GoodnessMe Box, Australia’s largest health food sampling service has launched a Kids Box so you can ...