Top 5 food trends for 2018: Innova Market Insights
The mindful consumer will dominate 2018 says Innova Market Insights.
In releasing its 2018 top 5 food trend predictions, Innova said the increasingly thoughtful and mindful consumer will continue to change the way companies produce, package and label food.
According to Innova, consumers are more conscious than ever about making healthy and ethical food choices.
Innova Director of Innovation, Lu Ann Williams, said today’s consumer displays a high level of mindfulness about well-being and environmental issues.
“So it is no surprise that consumers are becoming increasingly mindful in their food choices, wanting to know what is in their foods in order to make decisions about health, sustainability and ethical issues,” Williams said.
- Mindful Choices – Consumers want to know more about what is in their food and where it was produced. They are worried about the perceived healthiness and ethical attributes of any given food.
- Lighter Enjoyment – Consumers will want less in 2018 – smaller portion sizers, lighter alcohol content and less sweetness. They will however not want the flavour or quality of any re-formulated food to change.
- Positively Processed – Consumers will be warry of processed foods and will look to more ‘natural’ processed foods such as fermented products and cold brew tea and coffee.
- Going Full Circle – There will be more interest in resourceful and environmental friendly products such as no-waste food products, innovative uses for food waste and biodegradable packaging.
- Beyond the Coffeehouse – There will be a push to make tea as popular as coffee thanks to its health benefits. Innovative tea drinks will be created and tea will be used to flavour many different food products.
- Top 10 food predictions for 2018: Packaged Facts
- Whole Foods predicts top 10 food trends for 2018
- Mintel reveals 5 global food& drink trends for 2018
- Mintel predicts 5 top Chinese consumer trends for 2018
The Australian Federal Government has been accused of failing to do its research into the pro’s and ...
Meal-kit company HelloFresh Australia has grown its Australian revenue by over 50 per cent during th...
Franchisors in Australia have been warned to prepare for the introduction of new laws that will make...
Woolworths has launched a new competition for young aspiring athletes to win financial support from ...
Vegan cheese is now a permanent menu item on Domino’s menu across its entire Australian network.
Australian grapes are back in demand across Korea, after a joint rebranding and promotional campaign...
Bananas are Australia’s most popular fruit, new Nielsen research has found.
MORE than half the dollars spent on packaged alcohol go through the Woolworths Group.