Top 5 food trends for 2018: Innova Market Insights
The mindful consumer will dominate 2018 says Innova Market Insights.
In releasing its 2018 top 5 food trend predictions, Innova said the increasingly thoughtful and mindful consumer will continue to change the way companies produce, package and label food.
According to Innova, consumers are more conscious than ever about making healthy and ethical food choices.
Innova Director of Innovation, Lu Ann Williams, said today’s consumer displays a high level of mindfulness about well-being and environmental issues.
“So it is no surprise that consumers are becoming increasingly mindful in their food choices, wanting to know what is in their foods in order to make decisions about health, sustainability and ethical issues,” Williams said.
- Mindful Choices – Consumers want to know more about what is in their food and where it was produced. They are worried about the perceived healthiness and ethical attributes of any given food.
- Lighter Enjoyment – Consumers will want less in 2018 – smaller portion sizers, lighter alcohol content and less sweetness. They will however not want the flavour or quality of any re-formulated food to change.
- Positively Processed – Consumers will be warry of processed foods and will look to more ‘natural’ processed foods such as fermented products and cold brew tea and coffee.
- Going Full Circle – There will be more interest in resourceful and environmental friendly products such as no-waste food products, innovative uses for food waste and biodegradable packaging.
- Beyond the Coffeehouse – There will be a push to make tea as popular as coffee thanks to its health benefits. Innovative tea drinks will be created and tea will be used to flavour many different food products.
- Top 10 food predictions for 2018: Packaged Facts
- Whole Foods predicts top 10 food trends for 2018
- Mintel reveals 5 global food& drink trends for 2018
- Mintel predicts 5 top Chinese consumer trends for 2018
Murray River Organics Group Limited (ASX:MRG) (“MRG” or “the Company”) provides the following updat...
The Managing Director of an innovative fresh produce company has won a 2017 Telstra Business Women’s...
Woolworths has received an avalanche of positive and negative feedback after deciding to sell a cake...
Nexba, Australia’s leading naturally sugar free beverage brand, has announced the release of a conv...
One of the highlights of the craft gin explosion in Australia is the Australian Gin Awards judging ...
Simplot will be taking the iconic Australian Chiko Roll to the world’s largest export trade fair in ...
Australian food and grocery wholesaler, Metcash, has been caught up in the difficulties of an increa...
Mars Food says it will be changing its foods to make them healthier for consumers.